HHC Patent Co Chromatography

In Western Colorado the number of acres of hemp being grown is 1/1000 of what it was in 2018-2019. The number of reliable processors has been cut to less than I count on one hand.
Hemp seems to be rebounding for us. Colorado legislation has essentially legalized normal d9 thc edibles derived from remediated hemp or mother liquor which certainly crushes METRC on a mg to mg basis.
Hemp seems legit here. :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

well, you cant patent a molecule…just an intended use or formulation or even process. Especially with chemistry thats been published decades ago… So, they just need some novel process or formulation or use. But, again none of these patents are enforceable. Especially with the level of technical writing you could come to expect in this industry…for instance the acidic hydrogenated products patent might as well be swiss cheese…

4 Likes

I am frankly doubtful of their synthetic prowess. I would be surprised if they produced something patentable, and then they have to be capable of articulating it in such a way that its defensible. Also, Scialdone’s patent is for the acidic counterparts, and is so poorly written/heavily reliant on public information that its not much barrier for someone else to make those molecules…

The funniest thing about them writing a patent is they have to put their cards on the table. Shoulda just kept it a trade secret and made their lil money…

Not to mention, if someone does rip off their process (by reading their publicly available patent) then they have to prove it somehow because again…the mere existence of the molecule elsewhere does not necessarily mean someone infringed on your IP since there are published means of achieving these transformations.

It was really not long ago that the level of sophistication coming from members of this group was “dump your exotherming neat sulfur reaction flask in cold water.”

12 Likes

:raised_hand:

i know ways to make it

7 Likes

Have you read the patent on hhc?

Do any of them not use palladium and a hydrogen donar?

1 Like

i read it, yeah

2 Likes

You guys are missing the point of Marc’s patents, which are novel because they outline hydrogenation of THCa, which is not mentioned in literature. Eyeworm did mention it but I wanted to reinforce it.

5 Likes

is it really “novel”? it’s kinda obvious to someone skilled in the art imo

4 Likes

Getting the patent is the easy part.

Enforcing it however…

3 Likes

unless you’re @spdking of course. then you really gotta know your shit and put in the work :mage:

:joy: this had my rolling!
Taken right from Wes’s cbn SOP

It’s been a couple years, I’d imagine they have leveled up a bit since then. Still just blows my mind that was put in writing though.

7 Likes

You should have a tattoo on your head that says”don’t text me”

How many GB of screenshots you got on your phone?

8 Likes

2021_07_24_0mi_Kleki

20 Likes

3911-shakerDSC55372

Cant I just pour dabs into this thing?

8 Likes

Been wondering when this forum would catch on to hexahydrocannabinol but I didn’t want to be the one to give people ideas. This is not something randos on here should be trying to make but of course we will see people try their hand at it anyway.

Hydrogen is basically just water right?

13 Likes

Splosive water

10 Likes

QQ more noob youre one of the people making this place a shit show, do you even contribute anything useful?

I haven’t seen one post from you that’s not attacking someone, that says alot about your character.

Anyways

2 Likes

Way before it was cool

6 Likes

hard yes

6 Likes

It actually means the stereochemistry there is either unimportant or non specific.

2 Likes