HHC Patent Co Chromatography

Tell us moreeeee

5 Likes

Gross.

25 Likes

HHC or HexaHydroCannabinol is THC that has its upper ring structure completely saturated with Hydrogens. Where CBN has 3 double bonds in that ring, HHC has zero.

Interested to see how they finagle this, one HHC process is already patented by Barone and Scialdone, and Scialdone has had a small N = <10 mice trial that showed some medicinal potential regarding glioblastoma formation.

frankly i found the HHC interesting but fairly domestic like d8. the HCBD however, was akin to ketamine disassociation

in a year many of your favorite cannabinoids will have a hydrogenated option, just like their esters, chelates, and other useful isomers.

im concerned of some pretty terrible lab accidents if this becomes popular, running hydrogen even in good lab conditions needs the upmost contentiousness, H2 is no joke.

30 Likes

Is this the only way hemp is profitable right now?

13 Likes

“patent pending” yea sure…and they can’t even spell shit right.

the wiggly line at the C9-methyl means they catalytically hydrogenated THC or CBN.

12 Likes

Natural progression as one isomer price crashes another will come up.

7 Likes

I remember this when they were changing k2 ingredients faster than the bans could keep up. (i know it’s not the exact same situation, just similar)

I just remember 18 months ago every one was talking about cbd and how it was gonna make everyone rich.

12 Likes

2 years ago:

It’s medicine

Now:

It’s legal

19 Likes

hydrogen-bomb

But … it’s the bomb.

9 Likes

Itll be interesting to see how they got around the patent

5 Likes

Hey so I’m making Super THC now. It’s like THC but it’s not, because it says Super in front of it. As you can see it’s completely different. Your mom might think it’s weed. Cops might think it’s weed. But it’s not. It’s Super THC. Sometimes you’ll get arrested but that’s because cops are morons. If you do end up in front of a judge somehow, simply explain to them the crucial difference between regular and Super THC. Smoke one up right in the courtroom and let them witness your newfound power as it protects you from all legal consequences. Super THC!

25 Likes

This is from one of @wc15 best buddies

It’s a new pathway

Where all my synthetic chemists at?

Someone’s gotta know a way to make hhc outside the box, that’s what they’re doing

10 Likes

HHC Carts

The new Denver special coming up

3 Likes

Anybody need a Parr shaker?

1 Like

I’m profiting off hemp 3 different ways right now, one of them is selling 100g of isolate in coconut oil for $110, doubling my cost on that

So no, hemp is still very profitable. Not to mention prices are on the rise

15 Likes

In Western Colorado the number of acres of hemp being grown is 1/1000 of what it was in 2018-2019. The number of reliable processors has been cut to less than I count on one hand.
Hemp seems to be rebounding for us. Colorado legislation has essentially legalized normal d9 thc edibles derived from remediated hemp or mother liquor which certainly crushes METRC on a mg to mg basis.
Hemp seems legit here. :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

well, you cant patent a molecule…just an intended use or formulation or even process. Especially with chemistry thats been published decades ago… So, they just need some novel process or formulation or use. But, again none of these patents are enforceable. Especially with the level of technical writing you could come to expect in this industry…for instance the acidic hydrogenated products patent might as well be swiss cheese…

4 Likes

I am frankly doubtful of their synthetic prowess. I would be surprised if they produced something patentable, and then they have to be capable of articulating it in such a way that its defensible. Also, Scialdone’s patent is for the acidic counterparts, and is so poorly written/heavily reliant on public information that its not much barrier for someone else to make those molecules…

The funniest thing about them writing a patent is they have to put their cards on the table. Shoulda just kept it a trade secret and made their lil money…

Not to mention, if someone does rip off their process (by reading their publicly available patent) then they have to prove it somehow because again…the mere existence of the molecule elsewhere does not necessarily mean someone infringed on your IP since there are published means of achieving these transformations.

It was really not long ago that the level of sophistication coming from members of this group was “dump your exotherming neat sulfur reaction flask in cold water.”

12 Likes

:raised_hand:

i know ways to make it

7 Likes