Here's a pic...should I ice my tank or not?

This place is the kind of forum we all come to precisely because of people like @cyclopath.

You came here to ask a question, but now you’re just talking shit…

As an aside, I’ve noticed a lot of drama the last few days. Things are a little slow or something?

Talking shit when I get a dick reply when it could be said politely yes.

Nah, you came and asked a stupid question and didn’t give a shit at all about the site.

Don’t care if he gave you curt advice. We’re all here using this site as much as possible and try to contribute. As I said, this place is the place is the because of people like him. If he wasn’t a dick to people like you, this would be rollitup.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl:
Totally ok with being wrong here…

Of the hundreds of posts that go straight into cannabusiness because it’s the first category, this one got to me because it also included at least two tags (probably four) that only served to obscure the OPs situation.

As it happens, I tried sending it as a DM, but my phone insisted it be posted in public.

I did the cost benefit calcs and decided to say something so others might learn.

Knew damn well the OP wasn’t gonna be happy about it.

Figured we’d either get past that or they’ed figure out the ignore feature.

Upping the ante by suggesting what his pump really needed seemed to have helped…only time will tell.

So if you really want to help now is the time. I’m sitting here with a 6x48 full OF tane and a slight trickle into collection. Collection is at 10psi. I’m about to close the line to the collection from pump unhook my input line and blow air into the pump with a compressor then hook it back up. There will be a bit of air in my lines but is that ok? I

I would suggest that shutting off the flow from the column, and turning the heat on on the receiver to build pressure before turning the pump on would be the safer option.

Not sure the pump @Roguelab is using has low pressure cutoff. Or if we can get him to respond in a useable timeframe.

1 Like

Prepping (and plumbing) another tank of solvent that you can hold at 45PSI to jumpstart your pump if you trigger the “I need more to suck on” safety during your recovery might be an option.

Ive used a VaporSmartz pump with a low pressure cuttoff, It seemed to reset around 0psi, which is way easier to accommodate than 28psi.

The plumbing on my system allowed me to provide that from the top of my material column…having four material columns also meant that there was almost always somewhere to find that inlet pressure.

Column top recovery has uses beyond just recovering more of your solvent…

No only max pressure cut of
Pulls a vac to 25 hg before cutting of on the low side
Wich pump is having isseu. S ?
Piston or diafragm ?

1 Like

We try to avoid air inside a cls for 21%of that air is oxigen
If ever a leak from a cls would ignite
And no oxigen is present inside the cls the chance of a backdraft is nihil
If there is oxigen present inside the cls
Then there is a recipe for an explosion
A warm /hot solvent tank can safely solve al your pressure needs
I bump my mastercool tanks to 180 psi
In a hot water bath at 70C and even bumped to higher pressure but I do not advise

1 Like

Well, then it’s good he didn’t find the ignore button.

You’re a good resource and it’d be a loss for @Rainbowp3nis.

Anyway, glad we can all move along. Good luck with your extracts, and welcome to the forum!

1 Like

the fine manual (https://ecogreenindustries.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/CMEP-6000-Manual-.pdf) suggest that the “nothing left to suck on” switch triggers at 0.04Mpa. which I believe means it will pull at least 15" of mercury before shutting off.

it might take some getting used to, but it should be useable in a fashion similar to that which you’re familiar with.

I can see the 28PSI requirement before turning back on getting old really fast if you don’t have a method for providing that kick in the pants. I would suggest outsmarting it with plumbing wizardry rather than over-riding or disabling it.

2 Likes

Well I got it running…Another 10 mins and I’ll be done with this round. The pump definitely kicks ass…im thinking of adding a ball valve right before the input and having a separate tank to prime with. If my temp was below freezing when I started it wouldn’t have worked…thanks for all your info I know I’m kind of a dildo and can’t put my words into the most scientific manner but I appreciate you dickheads. Edit…pump shuts down at -5hg…is that good enough or should it be going lower?

3 Likes

glad you got it done!

more than willing to take abuse for the way we got there

sound idea.
where have I heard it before :thinking:

no clue, that fine manual leaves much to the imagination. It states that the input side goes down to 0.04Mpa, which google converts to 11.8 in of Hg…

when dialing in the vaporsmart, it was apparent that the vac level the sensor saw on the intake stroke was lower that what was displayed on the gauge on the receiver.

the vaporsmart has adjustable cutoffs. which really helps.

1 Like

Nice. How fast did that pump recover? I imagine fast considering ccolumn size

Coil, dry ice, water.
The dry ice will create a frozen h20 casing around itself and will not sublimate as fast as you think.

2 Likes

That pump has a built in high/low limit.
Shut down, heat what you are trying to pull recovery on, ie your Honeypot/column. When pressure rises start your pump and recover till it shuts off. Repeat the process untill it’s recovered to your liking.

1 Like

Also, if you can add a line from your recovery tank back to your column or honey pot you will not have to chill your recovery tank as much.
The line will allow you to bleed the head pressure from your recovery tank back into your system.

1 Like

Hmm I contemplated on this as a solution but it s not the best for all vapor that travels back is basicly looping in the system and you are recovering a small portion at least twice
My system is large and trying to figure out the best design for a coldtrap/reflux condensor that cools the hot vapors
Any idea is welcome

1 Like

Recovered 50 lbs in 35 mins

2 Likes

You have to bleed it with the ball valve so it’s not just an open flow, of course that would defeat the whole purpose of the recovery.
But there is a balance where your tank will maintain a steady psi if it is slowly bled back to your Honeypot. Preferably as far away from the port which your pump is pulling vapor from. Try it out, its worked for me on every system I have ever built/ran. Even the little 5 pounders lol

1 Like