Hemp smoked pulled pork BBQ

One thing I like about this community is most of us have a love for food and cannabis. Trying to brainstorm ideas for other uses of hemp, I thought smoking a pork butt with hemp infused smoking media was worth a shot.

Originally I wanted to do this with just stalks, not buds. But in a logistical dilemma, I decided to use some hemp buds that went a little hot this year and aren’t worth much.

So i took 14 ounces of fresh frozen hemp buds and soaked them in water with wild grapevine chunks and apple wood chips. The apple wood and grapevine are what i usually use and will provide some safety net on the taste if the hemp smoke is just not appealing. I cook on charcoal the old school way, no electric bbq here.

I’ve got a nice pork Boston butt on now at temps between 200 F and 225 F.
My backyard now smells like Woodstock lol, pretty pungent weed smoke smell, hope the neighbors are cool🤣

Should take another 5 to 6 hours to finish. Will post an update on the taste results when finished

![20200202_085125|375x500] (upload://n1twpVXGR36Y7uFmjarUueLYgeR.jpeg)

23 Likes

Do ya have room for 1 more empty stomach?

Sounds great!

8 Likes

I know right! I thought I was cool sneaking herbs onto our food while my gf was cooking! Looks awesome

Maybe one day we all can set around a large table together and have a fam like meal!

6 Likes

F4200 POTluck

13 Likes

That be awesome everyone bring infused something

2 Likes

Please let us know how that flavor is! Ive used the chipped up stalks to smoke before and it was decent, never thought to use some flower in the mix.

2 Likes

Just bought a green mtn smoker last
night. About to assemble. Keep this feed going Super Bowl!!!

7 Likes

Just let me know where to buy the plane ticket for and I’m there

3 Likes

And here I was thinking you’d be afraid to leave your stoop

2 Likes

Only for pulled pork

3 Likes

5 Likes

Belly?

2 Likes

Cowboy Ribs

4 Likes

Got some real gassy Glue terps that I think would taste incredible in smoke pulled pork. Might need to dedicate a ML for culinary science. Just need a smoker

2 Likes

Put the terps in the wood pellets or meat do you think?

Gotta rub the terps right into your meat

7 Likes

Sounds dirty

3 Likes

Realistically it would probably only be any good if you added them to a sauce or something after. Any gassy smelling cannabis terps I’ve tried get royally fucked by heat

7 Likes

5 Likes

6.5 hours later and I’ve reached 160F internal temp. Letting it rest for 45 to 60 minutes then picking and saucing afterwards. Smells great, ready to try it out!

8 Likes