Hemp pricing index?

No sir.

You think it looks bad now. If this is anything like biodiesel - which it is - you are going to watch best friends destroy each other. Families fall apart. Businesses crumble. Farmers will be most affected.

I tried to warn everyone. School up, stick together.

5 Likes

Were all fucked in the long run. The key is to enjoy the ride.

4 Likes

What do you mean it’s not realistic?

I think he’s saying the prices they quote are higher than the market is currently paying. This is certainly true in Oregon, although that might be a case of too much supply coming in all at once.

2 Likes

I agree. As a processor it is really frustrating when farmers look at this index and try and argue that their 6% biomass with seeds and stems in it is worth $3.5/%/lb when in reality it is worth $1.50/%/lb.

Here is the current data from Hemp Benchmarks.

6 Likes

I can find it around 1.6

1 Like

Good info here everyone, I appreciate the responses!

In Oregon, even getting the listed “low” price is generous. October’s report might reflect this change. According to them, the month-to-month change from August to September was -19-26%, and unfortunately there might be a similar drop from Sept-Oct (assuming anything about this report was ever accurate).

2 Likes

I just got quoted 3 bucks a pound for 18% CBD for under 1000k pounds.

3 Likes

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

I assume you are not in Oregon then?

Ouch lmk if you want it cheaper

I am seeing $2 ppp for >12% here in Midwest.

2 Likes

I’m in TN

Located in Indiana here.

1 Like

And were you the seller? How did you get your biomass to 18%? Just mulched in the flowers and buds with everything else?

1 Like

That one looks better than the one I saw from August I believe… still think it’s high on some estimates

1 Like

I would be the buyer. Have not yet purchased been on vacation. Just got a quote.

Get verified

1 Like