Hemp - Cherry Wine - Terpenes

damn, never thought about that… so co2 derived cannabis terps are best… ive been usng floraplex mostly, but i’ve gotten some samples of cannabis derived, but i didn’t think to ask if they were steam or co2 derived.

1 Like

the cannabis terps i’ve gotten were silver haze and blue og. haven’t noticed that large of a difference between the carts i made with blue og vs. the carts i made with floraplex (blue og was 40/gram, floraplex is 6/gram).

Hemp is hemp
Cannabis is cannabis
Now a lot of hemp is beeing crossed with cannabis and back crossed to copy the terp profile but not the cannabinoid profile
And iT seems they the height at Wich the plant evolved made iT to become hemp or cannabis plants at alltitudes of 2200 m
Always have a cannabis cannabinoid profile making the sugestions that light wave lenghts are at the basis of what iT Will become in evolution
Cannabis for all iT s crossings of landraces for Cannabinoid content have created these terp profiles more wide spread hemp ceossing for cbd content with tastfull terp profile is only from the last decade

4 Likes

hemp is low thc cannabis i though.

Yes we call hemp When the strain has a constant low thc content and a higher C
Bd content higher as in 2x as high is called industrial hemp Wich has been cultivated for diffrent reasons other than cannabinoid content
Mostly the fiber hemp

1 Like

so hemp based is from low thc plants, cannabis based is from either high or low thc plants… cannabis is non-specific, hemp is specific for low thc, right??

I will say ive gotten free sample of hemp terps from @colombiabeneficial and they were so good i bought a Oz from him. so far its been one of the most enjoyable terp experiences to date especially for distillate. It did do some funky things to my distillate like turn it pink, but it was the a great taste and was priced right.

9 Likes

Wait…pink? Now, I’m intrigued. I have been working cannabis only essential oils, derived every way published and then some. We have terped all the major extraction types too, and I have NEVER seen a color change. Like the pink you get when you take your pH too high? Any pictures?

Honest to god, hemp essential oils did this?!? Do you have a CoA? Method of distillation? Drying agent used (they probably wouldn’t tell you this).

1 Like

Ask @colombiabeneficial how he extracted them. I don’t have any pictures of the pink phases right this second. Thought I took a few but can’t seem to find them. All of them have turned a bit copper now.

I used floraplex and true terpenes and my distillate stayed dead clear. Same batch of distillate using the hemp terps. Within 3 days of leaving them out. They are like a Rose champagne color. Now 5 weeks later have turned a bit copper. I plan to mix some up again this week and I’ll leave a syringe out to off the color change.

Wish I could be more of a help. It was the first time I’ve ever had something like this happened.

3 Likes

We steam distilled fresh flower at 8psi for about an hour, and used a mint still to collect the essential oils.

I’ve never seen the pink discoloration @Killa12345 mentioned. I am pretty careful to keep the oils in the absence of oxygen, and try to keep temps as low as possible when filling carts.

7 Likes

Here’s our color:

14 Likes

Here’s a profile from our distillation:

RoseCity_1811120-03RE1.pdf (143.2 KB)

Is it a crazy idea to use a co2 system to extract terps prior to ethanol extraction? I am about to extract a boatload of cherry wine and am planning on using a subcrit co2 loop to pull the terps out prior to cryo ethanol soak.

3 Likes

I was using subcritical co2 to pull terps before ethanol extraction. Still trying to find an efficient way to get them. They’re super tasty!

1 Like

By no means am i dissing your product and felt the need to clarify…totally the opposite. I really love your product and literally everyone on this forum who has ask me…Ive said your terps have been the best…so far. Your terps are light years better than botanical terps like true terpenes and floraplex.

I havent even had a chance to open the OZ of terps yet and the pink phenominom happened with the sample terps you gave me and i still wanted to buy a OZ from you.

Here are 2x cartridges left of my desk to show the color difference.

The lighter cart was made 2 weeks prior to the darker. Literally the same jar of distillate. Same ratio of terp. 10:90 - Terps:distillate.

5 Likes

You’re finding co2 inefficient? I don’t mind taking the time to properly pull terpenes as I believe them to be of critical import in formulating a full profile medicinal extract. What was/is your process and can it be done easily?

I’m looking at getting a back flow regulator designed for supercritical co2 applications installed into a closed loop sanitary spool system with multiple supercooled terpene collectors- still fuzzy on the details though it’s only been a day or so since I’ve started working through co2 processing- I kinda lost interest in co2 awhile back and have only recently returned to it.

3 Likes

No it’s not necessarily inefficient, I would just rather pay to have the terps extracted so I can focus on making crude/ distillate. Also my machine was too small. I would take dry material (less than 10% moisture) grind it and put it into the vessel, blast at 1400-1500 psi at 35°c 15 mins for an ounce of material, then reverse co2 flow. I would yield about .6ml per ounce. The annoying part is getting more undesirables when making ethanol crude with ground material. It may be worthwhile to just proceed with co2 crude extraction to avoid extra steps in processing the nasties out. I also believe it’s extremely important to have a product with the hemp or canna terps.

3 Likes

How hard would it be to scale up to 5# batches? Seems straightforward- can you post a pic of your extractor?

The only thing I can think of is oxidation. If that keeps happening out of the new bottle let me know and we will figure something out. What’s your temp before filling?

3 Likes

can verify he referred me to you.

3 Likes