Hemp .3% question

Can a licensed Hemp business sell a pack of Pre rolls. Say 20 of them.

19 of them are cbd/CBG whatever.
1 is the fire with 20% thc.
Assuming 1 gram per cigarette

If I package them in a single product package (like a pack of cigarettes)

Would it be .03-.01% thc?

If so, could I get away with packaging the special pre roll to differentiate it from the others in the same package? Like a lucky cigarette.

7 Likes

:sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: :upside_down_face:
Im willing to bet money you would not keep your hemp License for very long!

11 Likes

I mean… if it’s all ground up and tested together :sweat_smile: it’s like a surprise in every pack!
I’m just applying math and ideas to a shitty situation lol

6 Likes

I think you know the answer to this…

10 Likes

Lol. Happy Monday y’all.

7 Likes

:joy: i don’t. Like nobody has the answer on d8

This is nothing like the scandals surrounding isomers.

Selling a pack of prerolls that are compliant is perfectly legal and something I view as a good thing, providing the flower used is worth a damn.

Including one item that is blatantly and intentionally out of compliance is a surefire way to set yourself up for failure. I hope you are joking, but if you aren’t, I’m happy to hop on the phone and help you with some product development.

6 Likes

:joy: I was just asking for asking sake lol. You can do it with oil why not flower. Quantity increase of non thc content. Oh okay sure it’s blended.

Idk just a random brain fart

Why drink the entire 5grams of cbd to get the 90mg of thc when I can pick out the special stogie and consider it a quick $5-10 fix lol

What if it’s a variety pack :joy:

I’m just thinking. If the finished product is 1 sku then all of its contents, not just the one fire cig will be tested. Intentionally under .3% is all I’m going for.

Most hemp tests at .5% or higher anyways lol

You absolutely cannot do that with crude (oleoresins), distillate, or isolate. While the laws may have wiggle room and excessive unclassified grey areas, all products being sold as hemp must be compliant when sold to the public. If it’s hot at all (containing more than 0.3% THC by weight in the entire product), you’re in violation of the law and asking to lose it all.

One THC joint out of 20 will most certainly bring you out of compliance. Just getting good compliant flower is hard enough for most people. If hemp tests at 0.5% it is NOT compliant. If you want to feel secure that you aren’t going to get shut down by the alphabet boys, don’t try to find ways to circumvent the laws to get people greater THC levels.

I get it. The Midwest has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to cannbis law reform. Bending and outright breaking the laws is only going to prolong that. Play by the book as well as you can. When they add a new chapter, start writing and adjust as needed.

Again, always happy to hop on the phone and chat these ideas out anytime you’d like.

3 Likes

For maths sake. Let’s break it down what I could have for thc content in 1 pre roll. Pretending we have magic 0% thc 19 cbd pre rolls. CBG if we want to be more realistic. They’re all 1 gram. Pack of 20. Foiled and boxed like a cigarette pack. Just bigger probably.

Where do we draw the line on a product with sub products that aren’t for individual sale?

I feel like someone can get a heater in with hemp pre rolls if the entire finished for sale product including all sub products is under .3%

My thinking was 20% thc pre roll would be .1% but I suck at math and haven’t actually done it

0.3% allowed = 3mg/g THC
20 grams total = 60mg total THC allowed in the product
1g 20% THC dominant flower = 200mg THC

The math shows you that this in an impossibility. The law is designed to prevent high enough levels of THC to induce intoxication. This idea will not work, and as I said earlier. The more one tries to get people high off hemp, the more likely the hammer will be dropped on them.

Keep your eyes to the horizon. Play the long game. This isn’t a race to next month. This race will be going for decades to come.

3 Likes

So add more cheap hemp. Bad math lol

Don’t forget the hemp will have some THC content as well, leaving less than the 60 projected mg available for the one “special” preroll.

1 Like

Oh I’m just trying to see what the actual math was I did that wrong in my head. It’d have to be a big pack. But I imagine the 1 pre roll is more valued than the entire amount of hemp if it gets ya stoned.

1 Like

Ok I have one for you. 55 gallon barrel of MCT oil, with 1 kilo of the THC ditsy that’s still in the jar…dropped into the barrel… :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Layer the preroll with the special material at the bottom with a small piece of paper seperating them, while keeping the J compliant. As the low amount of thca is in the bottom of the preroll. They can, if they choose, break them open and empty the special contents. That was seperated from the rest of the cbd/cbg material.

1 Like

:joy: I’m not awake enough

Just trying to jump start some highdeas

Selling thca isolate with a bunch of cbd isolate as a single sku lol

1 Like

It’s Monday. Y’all looking for t(r)olling?

5 Likes

Hay, do you know how the lawsuit turned out? Texas vs Smokable hemp?
I cant find the outcome of the trial

2 Likes

People been trying to find out as it will set precedents apparently. I’m over hemp game for now. My eyes are on d9 labs or bust

3 Likes