Help with solventless lab build out

YES! Even has a recirculating option to purchase hahaha this is hilarious to me! There’s a company called Hashtek out of Canada I believe that uses a very similar logo as BrewTech…hmmm…

1 Like

I use this in a walk in fridge. It holds about 6k fresh frozen. I got rid of the dumb thermostat tho, the probe on the inside would rip the bag.

Haha I had exactly the same thougt when I saw the logo

Hey, I work with New River Distilling and we have developed a solvent-less extract for the hops and cannabis market. We provide extraction services onsite (North Carolina) and are currently working on a build-out for a hops farm in NZ.

2 Likes

Man I haven’t pressed hops since my first mjbiz lol that’s oddly nostalgic

How many people are using chillers and heat exchangers to cool water in bulk vs using ice?

Is there any reason why this would be stupid?

Go ahead and talk shit - I want to hear the bad and the good.

(The reason why I don’t propose direct chilling is because pure water, the kind you’d use to hash, is corrosive unless sodium bicarb is added back in to keep the insides of the chiller in good shape - also water can freeze in the beginning stages of bringing water down if you’re at 0-2C.)

3 Likes

I’ll drink (in excess) to that.

I recall doing a helicopter.

5 Likes

Off topic

1 Like

you keep enough water tanks in your walk in to have an endless supply of cold clean water that didnt need to go through a chiller

you use a chiller for the jacket on the washer to keep it cold

but if you have a jacket on your washer you dont need to work in a fridge, smaller firdge for just water tanks maybe

options

I figure a 300 to 500 gal tank with a heat exchanger and pump would suffice for a day of extraction. 20 gal - 50 gal runs. Top off during the night with more pure water.

Hashing isn’t big enough to need endless supply of water imo

You could use the same chiller to run the jacket and the tank easily.

1 Like

your website is beyond vague

if you dont give me specifics im jusy going to assume freon

Interested in those SOPs sir pm me!

1 Like

Messaged you :call_me_hand:

1 Like

“Really”. I guess I’ll just have to read up a bit.

2 Likes

Not actually the case 100% of the time surprisingly.

I had a company in OK reach out to me trying to figure out why their “solventless” carts were so dark.

After much deciphering I was baffled to determine what they were calling “solventless” was just water hash that they subsequently winterized with ethanol and flavored with terps before filling carts.

Apparently there’s a growing number of operators making this “solventless hash oil” with different methods that do not include taking it all the way to rosin, but instead fucking it up beyond anything even remotely resembling solventless lol.

3 Likes

Just like the “delta 8 rosin” I seen at a local head shop :joy:

5 Likes