Help with solventless lab build out

@headydaberson I sell plans, consults and SOPs.

Ask @SubstituteCreature about my SOPs :wink:

4 Likes

Sweet, looks like same rez I got. Might actually grab one of those ice makers myself too, thanks!

1 Like

An example of another water system I built

5 Likes

No one local here can provide RO ice consistently so this recommendation is incredibly clutch

2 Likes

Ya just make it yourself if your water sucks and you’re going for licensed product.

1 Like

Yea we’re a licensed facility so RO was the only option I was considering in that aspect. We have a good RO system set up for our grow that isn’t being used to it’s full potential so I think we’re gonna run a line from that system to the wash room and hook it up to a reservoir tank and ice machine

Dont use ice

That involves a jacketed washer and chiller but over time the roi is there to justify it and you don’t need to use ice which is inherently dirtier than water due to ice machines

5 Likes

I prefer a chilled resi that way I can recirculate water through it till ready for wash & use mainly water with very minimal ice other than cooling the wash vessel & then removing a majority of the ice. This way ypure just using ice chilled water & your vortex to not beat up material as bad. Less impurities to wash out, less ice useage.

2 Likes

Ya thats definitely the way to go if you have the budget. I understand ROI ending up positive but some labs can’t afford a $30k jacketed system

And yes…use minimal ice

Minimal clean ice

This is easier if you have a cold room

4 Likes

So far I’ve saved money on the stuff that I can afford to which gives me some room in the budget for a cold room. We have a good RO system in cultivation that isn’t being used to it’s full potential so I think we’re gonna run a line to our washroom from it, run that into a reservoir tank and ice machine so we can keep the ice to a minimum

1 Like

Is there any potential of the water chiller leaking any sort of oil/lubricants into the wash water? I started out with the Pelle Polare solventless book and think they were warning against this. I can grab the book and pull up the exact quote in a couple hours. That book in general does have some conflicting information though, being a mashup of recommendations from like 15 different hash makers.

I have not experienced this personally. These are the chillers used in a lot of commercial grow facilities too

2 Likes

I just make hash when the weather is 35 degrees. No ice lol

Whoops, took a day just to find the book! Haha so I see they’re not unbiased in the matter if they’re trying to sell you some equipment by telling you to avoid in line chillers. This is the 30k equipment @Extractionperson2.0 had mentioned huh?

1 Like

They have like a neoprene beer-coozy for brute/bruteless cans too…too bad alibaba has the same thickeness and everything for less than 1/10th :smiley:

3 Likes

We actually tried to skimp by buying some stick-on neoprene coating ourself but it’s starting to come loose! Might be worth splurging on the giant beer cozy :joy:

1 Like

Get a stainless trash can and a u-line lift stand and everything @SubstituteCreature said and it’s as good as anything you can buy

1 Like

I’m sure you can find the exact one you need for the exact best price but this is what google said for “stainless barrel trim clamp”

3 Likes

But, tHaT’s NoT cOMpLiAnT… Haha

3 Likes

This is a modified mash tun