Help! Overwatered!

Ok so I made a rookie mistake as a first time grower. I have my plants in big 20 gallon smart pots from beginning to now. I believe they are drooping from being over watered. If I just don’t water them will they recover?

1 Like

What’s all the parameters of the enviroment?
Rh%
Temp
Air movement
Light cycle currently / intensity / source
Direction/ position of intake exhaust ( if applicable)
20gallon smart pots is a little harder to do a stack drain setup with but depending on what or how you’re setup there can be a solution

1 Like

Put a fan to the side of the bags and lower the RH in the room

3 Likes

how big are the plants ?

1 Like

Do you ever overwater :smirk: you Defined Willed Cultivator

Once upon a time I grew in fabric bags… hated that shit.

Best part was taking my old bags to the laundromat to wash them in their machines… that shit pissed some people off!

9 Likes

That’s how I know it sucks.

2 Likes

Lmao that would be hilarious to watch. Especially if it’s like this one fold n fluff here that has drains at the end of the machines, i can smell the microbials now :joy:

I prefer hard plastic pot with custom drain slits or a full bed, I’m old school in my soil, but I’ve grown everything but dwc. I’ve studied it, but never tried to put that much into the setups. It would be sweet to do once though for myself but I would run it pond resi tek.

3 Likes

How come you didn’t like fabric pots? Every grow I ever did was in fabric pots, then went to beds lined with the same fabric. And always had good results.

2 Likes

Oh I hated potted plants in general. The fabric bags are great.

The only real negative is when hand watering, you really gotta break up the top of your soil to prevent water from channeling down the side of the bag and just draining. That and cleaning them sucked.

The plants loved it! They would consume water a little quicker, which can be a good or bad thing depending on how often you water.

5 Likes

Humidity is about 60%…4 plants in 20 gallon smart pots. 1 gavida 1000w DE with master controller. 10 inch exhaust fan on low. 1 oscillating fan on low. I have pot liners for the pots but I haven’t been using enough water to cause drainage because they are about 5 weeks in. I just defoliated them yesterday and took off the fan leaves. I typically use a Gallon jug of water split between all 4 every 2-3 days.

1 Like

I was always told that the smart pots allowed tons of air to pass through and that was the major draw to use them. First I was having curling of the leaves which I thought was heat stress which seemed to be fixed by raising the light slightly. New growth didn’t seem to have the curling but then I saw the tips of the smaller leaves at the very top were browning so I thought nitrogen toxicity so I haven’t used nutes for the last 2 waterings. New growth seems to still be occurring but the last week has been up and down with issues. One of the plants seems about a week behind the rest as well. I did purchase some golden tree as well.

1 Like

They are about a foot tall at this point

2 Likes

Make moisture windows in the pots toward the bottom, do this all around 6-8” apart. This will not only allow more o2 to absorb into roots, but a fan to distribute consistent air below the canopy as well so it’s able to “dry out” the soil or allow you to be able to water 2 times per day.

I disperse .8-1.2 gallons between 5 plants in soil in 5 & 7 gal pots, but I keep them raised off the liner to allow o2 to flow all around my pot after draining. I also have 4” fans on each side of the liner backed by 2 exhuast intakes & a single exhuast outlet up top with carbon filtration at 15% restriction to create a positive air exchange. Plus I have like 10 fans :joy:

1 Like

How do the veins look on the underside of the leaf?

1 Like

Holy hell I feel like I’m probably missing some components lol

1 Like

If you ever need help I like buildouts :man_shrugging:t3: Lol

1 Like

They look the same as the top. I added some cal mag to today’s feeding

1 Like

Well I have 3 more gavidas and the vortex fan is 10 inches around to support all 4 lights in total. I just wanted to get the hang of growing before I throw 12-16 plants in the mix

I have the cubes and trays to start the seedlings in but I am new and made the mistake of thinking it wasn’t that big of a deal to just start them in the pots.:man_facepalming: