Help! Overwatered!

Also the temp overall is around 80-83 degrees

Most important thing will be to build to space not to canopy, the canopy will come with the energy you allot from your setup. (Growing medium, plant feeding, lights, every variable will account for it. Especially once hitting flower.)

Since you don’t have run off water, I suggest start with the moisture window to physically detect moisture in the bottoms of the pot & use either sensory or a meter. This will also show you if the roots are down to the bottom yet.

Below is an example of a buildout I was doing for a guy a while back just listing some of what he would be outfitted with.

I’ll be back to answer more in 2-3 hrs maybe, sleep time :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

I think I see your first and biggest problem, soil. Get rid of that next run and use coco. Can’t over water and the run off will tell you all you need to know. Coming from a guy who had every problem in the book while running ProMix. My first run w/ coco was night and day!

2 Likes

Also when overwatered don’t let the humidity drop below 40-50%. The leaves will stop breathing and hold all that water in the plant causing magnified problems.

I also think it’s good practice to pot up especially in soil. 20gal looks too big for the size they at now. Anybody else agree?

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat, I keep thinking about it, even have a basic setup already made, besides a chiller, but I still haven’t pulled the trigger.

As far as pots, I hate those fabric ones, I get mine from rootmaker, they have different types of root pruning pots.

I put em in a 2x4 tray and bottom feed, it’s great.

They have wholesale too.

5 Likes

Do you experience a nute build up w/ bottom feeding?

Not at all, every 3rd watering I water with plain ol water and things seem ok.

Edit: been growing this way for a few years now.

1 Like

You are very brave growing directly on that carpet haha

What’s your soil blend?

From just the one pic you posted, they don’t look overwatered. Atleast by the looks of the top of the soil.

And also, please don’t throw that soil away when you are done. Recycle that shit, reamend and reuse for another run down the line. Too many first time growers throw that shit away (myself included)

4 Likes

Definitely second this, use your dirt a few times. Of course out of concern for waste, but it’s also a good way to save money. Dirt can get expensive.

3 Likes

I always get the funniest looks when taking them outta the dryer

3 Likes

What’s worse? A couple muddy grow bags or the guys who go there to wash their greasy work rags?

I’ll deal with the first any day lol

3 Likes

Headed to laundry mat this week. I use the one in the rich town two towns over. It’s next to the police station and open all night! I use the big triple loaders so I usually only fuck up their comforters lol

4 Likes

Nothing for nothing. This seems like a great way to judge how clean a laundromat is… If you wash your mudd and come back next day to a clean machine, then that’s where I want to wash my clothes!

3 Likes

Oh i agree, its humboldt so they all kinda expect it but it still funny when they actually realize what your taking out. There mostly clean anyway definitely not as bad as greasy work clothes

2 Likes

I dump that shit in the veggie garden and till it in every spring. Reusing indoor soil is the best way I know to mess your self up. Why wash bags if your gonna stock the same shit back in them?

1 Like

Have you smelled that dryer afterward. Warm peat moss is special lol

4 Likes

For one, to open them pours back up. You want them to breath

I can’t spell for chit!

1 Like

Root makers are the bomb!

2 Likes

I have not i will now outta curiously next time

1 Like

I don’t have any issues personally :man_shrugging:

I don’t go crazy when I empty the pots for re-use. I gently shake the root ball into a container, then trash the root ball. I also try to clean out all the dead roots as much as possible.

After 3 rounds or so, I’ll toss the dirt in the back yard.

1 Like