Help on decarb diamond

Sorry I don t get it
You mean running diamound into d9 = diamound+d9
Im only decarb diamound alone

Ah yes thanks for you re welcoming

So I will try one or the other and both to get my idea
I bought my CDT from someone in this place I don t know if I can say his company , but this guy who is helpful told me some people like to add both HTE and CDT

Yeah, some people may like it… I just have not tried it before. too much terpenes can be harsh when vaping.
You need very little of the CDT. around 5%.
HTE is usually 15-20% because it is less pure than the CDT you have.

I prefer HTE though. Tastes more like the actual flower/concentrate.

4 Likes

running diamonds into D9 means = decarbing.
you turn your THCa (diamonds) into D9 THC (oil) by decarbing

2 Likes

If you’re melting THCa, raise your temp as many others have mentioned.

One thing you might want to consider is to track the weight loss to see how complete your decarb is. Theoretically, if you put in 1000g, you should have 877g of D9 when its fully decarbed. This assumes 100% pure THCa so I doubt its a real world thing, but we try and get it to drop at least 12% to avoid bubbling in carts due to leftover THCa that might decarb later when filling carts and the oil is heated again.

5 Likes

Where?

You’d do better learning how to search this place and spending a couple of days reading.

Did you search for “decarb diamonds”?!?

I suggest “rosin cart” as another decent starting point.

Do you understand how one gets the thca and hte separate?

YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

1 Like

Totally get it
So whe we say 5%cdt it’s 5% of the diamound or 5% of the total
I think this post is good to start with basic question because here it can be hard a lot of people are speaking professional , for not English native it can be hard to get all the subtility or basics

As I said
And your are one of the guy that it’s hard for me to understand and évent Google translate can’t
So yeah I past time to read around with this account and other because again here it’s not legal I have to do it smart .
But English can be hard and reading you guys as well

Yeah I read this one several times I will read again
And to reply to you no I don t get the HTE separate if diamond
My guy sold me HTE and Diamond separately what I can say is my diamond are clear like diamond but smell good oil
After my guy is a big seller not chemical guy

You are not asking NEW questions. You are asking noob questions.

That is not derisive. It is fact.

If you are not asking NEW questions, the answers are already here. All you have to do is find and understand them. Asking clarifying questions in extant threads helps the next noob, and keeps information organized.

Yep, language barriers suck.

And vacuum makes a great antioxidant…ideally you’d suck on your thca isolate when heating so it doesn’t turn purple…

1 Like

I never said new but basic
Basic for a noob , just ask people to reply with different way or speaking and I get some , refresh is not a bad thing , we are not speaking about sending a man on the moon . But making thc cart. I m old skool I like to spea k directly to people.
Teaching and learning is only repeating .
I admit that I should read more and more.
No worries later chatGapt will do the job , and then no more noob around just big professional.

But thanks for your time and you reply I will study the forum deeper , believe me with family and work I’m spending lot of time on it but maybe not enough.

1 Like

Have you read any of the links provided so far?

1 Like

Yes just not the last one I will study it
But I just have a kitchen oven so it might change the equation

Where can I buy this kind of materiel ? I rely searched but I can’t find

Don’t use an oven!!

Air is an absolutely horrible thermal transfer medium.

For small volumes, I use 100C. Simply because it is obtainable, repeatably, essentially anywhere, and doesn’t require a thermometer to verify.

If you need hotter, use an oil bath. You can trivially add temp control to a small crockpot…

Highly recommend everyone read that entire thread…

12 Likes

Thanks for your advise
Wich can of glass jar do you use to let co2 goes but don t l’été the buble water for inside ?
And can you let me know when we say 5% terp to add its 5% from the 100% total or from the diamond ? I know verry noob question sorry

Do the math, how different are those?

100g post decarb + 5g => 4.76%

Vs 95g thc + 5g terps => 5%

It’s not rocket surgery. It’s “to taste”.

Aka it doesn’t #^€£^# matter…at least until you’re doing this for profit in a regulated market. In which case less is more profitable…so long as it hits the taste metric

3 Likes

Sure totally stupid question I agree on it …
So for you adt Cdt +can and HTE is worthless ? Or it can have some interest to get larger spectrum

We distill our HTE to get CDT.

One can absolutely mix and match either for taste or some notion of “full spectrum” as your goal.

Not all “terps” are created equal. Not all strains taste good to all users. Assuming this is for personal use, simply read on how folks are making carts, and get in there.

Last time I decarbed in a jar in boiling water, it took almost six hrs in a typical “1g” concentrate jar. Mind you, there was water in the extract (clients attempt at fresh frozen bho, before I got there), and 6grams in the jar.

After decarb, I loaded a used one gram cart after microwaving extract to reheat (limited tooling in hotel room)

It doesn’t have to be complicated…

1 Like

took me like 6 or 7 days to fully decarb diamonds at 215f just in a vac oven.

1 Like