Help me identify the "compound" bho

Are the white coagulated blobs lipids? Bho

What is the dish it’s sitting in?

6 Likes

Da fuck, did you just open blast into some plastic dish? Lol

4 Likes

Yep…. the dish does not appear to have appreciated the butane bath.

@newbie1 wtf do you mean by “is it BHO” ?!?

It may be lipids, it may be cannabinoids, it may well be the pvc tube you loaded with weed or the container you blew into, but “butane honey oil” it is not.

Edit: nevermind. BHO was instead of admitting “open blast into plastic” not asking if the blobs was BHO.

3 Likes

Silicone

https://imgur.com/a/4J9TX8D

Maybe it’s water

Never use silicone with butane

4 Likes

Thank you. I did not know that

The blobs are probably fats. Put your butane and tube in the freezer for a few hours before extracting next time. The colder temps will help with quality

And blast into a glass pie pan or glass Pyrex baking dish

Do everything outside

I did that. In the freezer for 24hours(can and tube). And I had granular aluminum oxide at the bottom of the tube

What about a tray that’s been coated with Teflon?

This is the second day, no vac no temp. I think I was right. It’s water

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/5dEv9lE

Dissolved in iso

The filters

Processing: No_20220930_213412.jpg…

Now they kinda look pink like the silicone

What do you guys think?

We all think you should throw that batch out. Then start again using glass or stainless steel.

I would agree that appeared to be water. You really need a nice closed loop, then it’s much easier to keep water out of everything.

5 Likes

As it evaporates it pulls moisture out of the air, especially open blasting. No no on the silicone

If you put an open tube packed with flowers overnight into your freezer as soon as you pull it out (unless you use it pretty much immediately within a few seconds) condensed humidity will collect on the flowers and will affect both your ability to pull oil off the flowers and getting water in your product

1 Like

Well the jar got cloudy after 12 hours in the freezer. I’ll give it another 24 and see what happens

25g of kief

This is the media
Cry was on top

Aluminum was mixed together
grey aluminum oxide 50 um (15g)
white aluminum oxide F24(15g)

It seems that aluminum helps with the fats but it still gets cloudy in the freezer. I was hoping to skip winterization.

The only time I had aluminum oxide work.
Was using the grey(50um) after the material on top of cry. And the extraction tube was in the freezer for like 2 hours or so.
It did clog tho. I think the waxes mixed with the aluminum oxide. Because it was soft and not sticky at all

Nice. Thank you

1 Like