Help me identify the "compound" bho

Using a candy thermometer you can obtain warm water from your shower and put that in a pot that fits the plate snugly and blast on top of that plate on the warm water but do it outside.

Make a paper fan and start gently wafting the vapors.

That’s how I did it in 2013

I usually just blast and leave it there to evaporate slowly. I think that if you evaporate faster then it concentrates in the air and it goes boom boom

1 Like

Well, it just bubbles and evaporates quicker and there’s vapors nmw. I just prefer to get the vapors out of the way as soon as possible.

If you’re doing it outside the wafting with a paper fan makes it easy.

Just make sure you’re over it like a ceiling fan, not to the side like a desk fan.

Those are comparisons for how to hold a paper fan not saying to use a desk or ceiling fan :octopus::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now if I like I want to blast at all, I use my 6"splatter platter, blast into that, then stick the platter on a pot with 98°f water wait till I see the boil and start wafting until the oil bubbles and then I take it inside and scrape it onto a parchemt.

But if you’re aiming for diamonds ig it’s better to wait and not waft cause you’re trying to hit a saturation point.

Some great tips. Thank you.
Can’t wait to get my hands on a small cls. And reduce the danger a bit.

I think my aluminum oxide might have moisture in it

Careful with that Al₂O₃ make sure you don’t get it in your final product. Also if you’re worried about moisture in it you can throw it in the oven for a little while and dry it out.

1 Like

Some of your media looks like isolate to me. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I never see fine dust when loading the tube with aluminum. More from cry

I’ll send a sample😂

After 4 days in the freezer. It really does not seem to have that many lipids. There has to be an adsorbent that would take care of them.

Here are some numbers from another run:
In order top to bottom in blast tube

24g kief
10g white aluminum oxide(710um)
5g grey aluminum oxide (50um)
8g cry from MB
20micron filter
2.5micron filter

Yield 7.75

Now I did winterize in the freezer with iso and filtered over a bed of celite545 and some normal diatomaceous earth that had moisture in it.

Yield was 7g after winterization. Almost 30%

This is how it looks in a cart. I think I need to use more media(cry) to improve color.

Or use silica60. But maybe as a last resort as waxplug1 showed a lab test where silica60 drops potency to 60% from 80%.

I’m curious if the d-wax he’s selling does the same to potency as silica60.

**Its not even a question, and no one is being rude, this is about your life. Is it worth a dab? **
**I would never use plastic, glass or stainless steel. **
**BHO isnt something to dable with you need to either buy all the right equipment or just stick to rosen, make hash and press rosin hash, but your killing your self with poisins leaching in to your batches. **
**I wouldnt give this to my worst enemy. **
**I have 25 years under my belt and about 15 in extraction. You can get a cheap ablaze blasting tube and fittings with gage for 90 dollars or less and a vaccum to purge for 40 plus a magnetic stiring hotplate for like 50 so its not a lot to spend when you consider its your life. not to mention my Live resin puts dispensaries to shame now with the correct closed loop system and products. I love the try gas mixture but **
**HERE IS MY POINT, WHAT WAS STATED HERE IS TRUE, NO ONE IS BEING MEAN OR UNREASONABLE. pLEASE DONT USE PLASTIC, EVER, WITH HYDROCARBONS, AND NO ITS NOT OK TO USE WITH NYLONS EITHER, THEY LEACH, AND i KNOW THIS, i ALSO WORK IN THE PROPS DEPARTMENT WITH NETFLIX HER IN NM AND EVEN PRINT CARBON FIBER NYLON PIECES, EVEN GLASS BURNOUT PIECES, BUT THOSE ARE PROPS, WE NEVER ALLOW PLASTIC, INCLUDING ANY KIND OF TPU OR ANY OTHER THOUGHTS YOU HAVE TO TOUCH HYDRO CARBONS. YOU WILL STRIP THAT PLASTIC AND END UP WITH PRODUCTS LIKE THIS. I’LL GIVE YOU A POUND AND A GLASS BLASTING TUBE IF YOU THROW THIS OUT! SERIOUSLY THIS IS NO JOKE, the plastic you choose, PVC, is called the poison plastic or plastic of death it has so many carcinogens. **
**I was young and new myself once but you can do more with cold water extractions and cleaning than you can with this garbage and I’m not trying to be rude. You just need the right tools. **
I would go to BVV. com you can get full tanks of gas of your choice but this is when your ready and have your jacketed column and collection chamber and dual vacuum pumps for purging and one for returning your gas mix to the collection unit to be used again.

Until then, take your biomass and put it in a mason jar with dry ice (using caution and gloves of course, use a nice ball jar and use a 50 100 micron screen or filter instead of the lead and screw it on so you can put your ice in your flower or trim and then filter over the top hole then lid holder to fasten your coffee filter, or preferably bubble bags (20 bucks for a set of 10 1 gallon on amazon) they have different size screens that step up to larger and larger. you will shake the jar over a glass or mirror and just keep shaking, you will think its snowing trichomes. This now can be repeated with a larger micron screen for material with more plant material in it but good for edibles and stuff. and the dry ice doesn’t wet your flower (dry because it goes from solid to gas with no liquid) so you can really get mountains of amazing trichomes, now you can take that and press it, or you can put it through a rosin press for some amazing small batch hash rosin, best with live rosin, but anyways even the hash is super potent and absolutely no chemicals and you can still place your material later to get the remainder of what you want out.

Anyways I know this is old but just scary that people use PVC WHICH IS LITERALLY THE PLASTIC OF CANCER AND DEATH.

i HOPE YOU DONT GIVE UP JUST TAKE YOUR TIME AND EVENTUALLY IT WILL COME, AND THE BETTER EQUIPMENT YOU BUY THE BETTER EXPERIENCE YOU WILL HAVE IN THIS AREA, NOT ALWAYS TRUE OF ALL THINGS, BUT HERE IT IS.

bLESS

PS. MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU PURGE TO DRY YOUR VESSEL SO NOTHING DRIPS WHEN TRANSFERING, OR GET A CLOSED LOOP AND SOME DIAMOND MINES SO YOU CAN JUST FILL THEM AND NOT HAVE TO DO DOUBLE WORK.

Welcome @Cultured_organics

Surrounding your text in “*” or “**” allows you to add emphasis and still you your inside voice :wink:

Appreciate you made an account because you were passionate about conveying that information to OP & everyone else finding themselves here…and all caps is actually harder to decode, so your message would be easier for folks to process if it wasn’t quite so passionately formatted

1 Like