Help for Dr. Tom’s (@mitokid) wife and son

Glg only.

3 Likes

Could you please put it somewhere public? Thank you <3

4 Likes

Hell of a loss… He was a polite, level headed, and incredibly knowledgeable voice in this community. He will surely be missed by all. So very sorry for his family and friends.

7 Likes

Thank you, friend.

2 Likes

I often referred to him as “”the real chemist””….

17 Likes

Dr Tom believed that character and ethic/morals were far more important than any aptitude, skill, or talent, and he occupied much of his available time with identifying and then befriending, encouraging, mentoring and helping those folks in a million ways.
By this alone his effect on the world was magnified many times beyond what even he was aware of.
Fuck, I’m gonna miss this guy, but I’m not gonna let his wife stress over bills for the next few months on top of everything else, that’s for damn sure.

19 Likes

He was in all ways as intelligent a person and I believe that by almost all metrics, Dr Tom was objectively an even greater medical chemist than Sasha.

From just the handful of ideas he shared with me about the many many interesting compounds he wanted to/planned to make the world really got screwed out of some amazing tools that may now take generations to be thought of and perused again.

6 Likes

Thank you.

Every dollar is a way to honor Dr Tom, help ensure his family can at least afford to make it through this difficult and expensive process (he passed while in Canada and must go through a repatriation process to return to his family in California), and show his family how much he was loved and appreciated.

$10 from a broke man carried 10x the message as a larger donation from those that can spare. Much respect my friend.

11 Likes

I mean besides the fact that he’s a man with a family and I feel for that x10000 the gentleman has had the respect of some of the smartest people i’ve ever met who he motivated who have in turn motivated me - you need to pay it forward in ever sense of the phrase and I’m happy to. My most sincere condolences to you, bro.

14 Likes

@mitokid for the beaker award

He wasn’t here very long but dude was for sure the smartest chemist I’ve ever met. I was blessed to get to work with him…

He had years of hands on experience and the stories to prove it.

20 Likes

Will be sending when i get home today, most of what he wrote was way above my head, but any man who had this type of out pour when lost means he was someone I would have respected and appreciated if ever met. Family first and people stepping in to help his, is all the verification i need of a respected and honorable father/man. Condolences on the loss for his family and dear friends.

14 Likes

I’m very sad to hear that Thomas aka @mitokid passed away. :frowning_face:

He was such a great person, and chemist.
We were in discussion a few month ago, about opportunities for him to make his last years of work back in Europe. I was still working on that. This is such a sad news.

14 Likes

We’re off to a good start, thank you to everyone who has donated so far.
:heart::pray:t3::pray:t4::pray:t6:

1 Like

Amazing offer!!! We need more of these incentives folks!

Whatchall got?

:heart::pray:t4::pray:t6::pray:t5:

4 Likes

So sad to hear this. He was so willing to share ideas and real world experience. He shall be missed.

8 Likes

I’m going to give this thread a bump after 5-10hrs of no comments a few times, unless someone objects.

6 Likes

Go for it. While once a day is the normal allowance. I don’t think anyone will object!!

Everyone morns in their own ways. Sorry for the loss of your guys friend.

5 Likes

Really I’m just concerned about making sure his wife has enough to get through the next couple months without worrying.

I’m sad I never thought to get more pictures with him. It was always too electric and stimulating I was always too caught up in the excitement of the moment.

I mean like seriously, in 5+ months I never got out of that mind state of when you first meet someone who suddenly fills like a thousand holes in your life and you can see the whole picture for the first time.

The realization as I became more and more aware of the systemic effects Dr Tom was having on every aspect of my life put me in an euphoric psychedelic state for nearly six months.

Wow man.

I mean,

Dr Tom was a powerful force when he came into your life as a chemist and friend.

!Pictures from the Fourth of July Party at the Farm.

image|375x500

19 Likes

We were colleagues and each of us, at times, devil’s advocate for the other. I will miss you, my friend…

:cry:

21 Likes

RIP Dr Tom

13 Likes