HELP Can't vac down system and run my cmep 6000? Yellow light error? Can anyone help?

my understanding of the plumbing you’ve shown us suggests you should still have 15PSI coming out of your solvent tank at that point.

where I to guess what “fill over 2Kg air pressure” meant I’d imagine 2kg/cm2 which is 28PSI.

suggesting that you are either going to have to warm your solvent tank or push solvent through to your receiver with N2, before warming it and turning the pump on.

without reading the fine manual, I would also guess that the yellow light/OMFG there’s nothing to suck on sensor doesn’t trigger until below -5PSI, so leaving the pump valved off until your receiver hits ought, then opening the valve and switching it on will get you on your way.

2 Likes

I’m just going to disable this fucking yellow cocksucker

which will work, but isn’t going to be good for the pump.

sealing pistons against vac is a different trick than sealing them against pressure. the shutoff is there to prevent the piston seals from failing on you. having not torn one down, I can’t guess at what that failure will consist of…but the manufacturer figured it was appropriate to protect the seals in this manner, and chances are they have at least some clue.

Why wouldnt you just do what we are telling you to do? When your solvent tank is cold how much psi do you have prior to injection?
You have the answers to your problem in this thread.

2 Likes

Close the input valve while vacuuming the system down. Either way as soon as you add pressure to your system the yellow light should turn off even if you vac’d it down and the yellow light came on. Used to have this exact pump. As soon as I would put butane in the honeypot with a little heat and it started building pressure the yellow light would go off and you could hit the start button.

4 Likes

Discussion continues over here as well :wink:

Here's a pic...should I ice my tank or not? - #26 by Rainbowp3nis

Ya thats what i figured

1 Like

Then you pull vac, release solvent, open collection tank. If this isn’t sufficient your going to need an assist like nitrogen.

Yeah it’s fine if I have a bit of pressure in my tank but it takes way too long. I’m going to add a line from my tank to collection so I can build pressure before I inject.

Use nitrogen to push your solvent through the coils, material columns and into your collector. Heat collector to build pressure and send that pressure into the cmep. Your recovery pump will live a short life if you’re using it to draw a vacuum to pull cold solvent into your collector.

I run 450lbs of gas with one 300 cubic foot bottle of nitrogen that costs $35

2 Likes

Where is the best place to get solvent tanks? Thinking about getting a 240 lb mastercool…

I have a 100# mastercool thats full of new solvent i can sell you.

The problem with master cools beyond the carbon steel is there rated for water do they dont hold very much especially if using a blend. From what i remember they hold 60% of the 80% thats suggested for butane.

Are they rated for negative temps?

No, you can use them but the valves assembly is brass and can crack when you run it really cold alot. Ive used them plenty but never at cryo temps before switching to stainless so i cant say how long it would take etc, but it definitely can be a problem.

1 Like

I used a mastercool with dry ice for a long time before i went active

1 Like

Long time lurker first time commenter but has anyone here experienced a problem with there cmep not pulling a vac finishing a run. It keeps pulling tiny amounts of solvent out of my collection but it’s not vaccuming it down as it pulls anymore. Is this a sign for a rebuild? This pump is only 3 weeks old

@Dabby do you have the valve that would lead to the material column open? if so that is why pressure isn’t dropping as there is solvent still in other parts of your system that are still working it’s way to the collection tank

Weinerz.

@Rainbowp3nis hows them seeds growing from your neighbor? Sounded killer…