HELP Can't vac down system and run my cmep 6000? Yellow light error? Can anyone help?

My coils are after my tank I don’t have any before. I would run an empty Column and get my temps down then start a run

1 Like

I see. You should route it so you can use it for injection also.
So are you not able to get any of the solvent and bho into the collection without your recovery pump on?

I’m not sure I don’t want to try it then he fucked if it doesn’t work

Couldnt you just run passive if all else fails? Wouldn’t be that fucked. You already have dry ice. And if your running the column full of material and use the right amount of solvent. Youll get atleast some solvent in the collection. I dont turn my pump on usually until after i inject. And ive run 8x48 columns. Your only doing 6x48.

1 Like

How much fits in an 8x48?

I would do that system in sections, you have a giant vacuum ( your collection pot) once you pull your vac use the collection pot vac to pull solvent thru your column(s) with it closed off to your pump once you have positive pressure start the pump. That how i run the bfe, to get it started.

5 Likes

15 lbs

Did you end up running?

because having full vac and pressure build up are physically incompatible.

all you need to move your solvent is a pressure differential.

rm temp butane gives you ~15PSI. vacuum in your reciever gives you -15PSI. so you’ve got a 30PSI pressure differential when you start. your job is to not let that differential = zero while you’re trying to move solvent.

just because you turned your last pump on before opening solvent flow towards it, doesn’t mean thats how you need to run this one. in fact, it has an indicator light to inform you that isn’t going to work…your previous pumps didn’t like it either, but were unable to inform you of their preference for actual stuff to suck on before they started sucking.

thoughts?

maybe those folks can explain in terms that don’t involve a yellow light that the sucking cannot begin until there is something upon which to suck?!?

your pump is merely complaining that it needs cock in it’s mouth…

5 Likes

I can help you find a different solution

1 Like

LOLZ. I didn’t like you when I responded to your snarky comment in my last post, but now I think I do. Maybe a rainbowpenisXpsychopath baby is in order?

2 Likes

This thread took a weird turn

2 Likes

My pressure goes to zero on my collection as soon as I open my gas line. Obviously you can’t have positive and negative pressure at once I’m not chemically retarded.

Brotha. Your way over thinking this. Blast your column and turn your pump on after your done injecting. If your using warm solvent there will be zero issue getting solvent to your pot

1 Like

Yeah I’m not worried when it’s warm when it’s cold then what?

If its warm enough to move itself out of the tank into the column your good.

Use the system vac to pull solvent thru.

You already said when you crack the gas valve the collection goes to 0psi. Most likely higher. You already have gas to start feeding the pump

1 Like

What do you mean? What system vac? He isnt passive

Just habing the collection closed off til the column equalizes, then crack collection pot slightly til it equalizes then you should have enough positive pressure once it hits the collection pot to open the inlet if the pump and run as normal. Ive never ran the big cmep so not positive there are valve on the outlet and inlet. Thats how i always did it with big systems to make it a lil easier for the pump. The initial vac pulled on the system is what i mean by system vac.

2 Likes