Hello my plants are sick. does anyone know what this is?

We’re in business, boys!

Ph 6.4 ppm 32!

Fuck fucking yeah!

Now please give me until tomorrow, maybe tonight to get to the updates. Thanks for the support. It means the world to me. Much love.

7 Likes

Defoliated and upped the humidity. Still haven’t feed or flushed yet cause the ro system is the slowest thing in the world. At lea(f)st they’re looking better than i initially thought. So fingers crossed.

!

6 Likes

This for sure

Looks much better, I would suggest a good clear water drench. Try to flush the plants and start your nutrient program over.

5 Likes

You don’t like rockwool or coco?

I’ve grown plants for a long time, I’ve observed and toured countless facilities over my life (toured 3 facilities in OK today). Never in the history of my career have I experienced people trying to grow plants in rock fiber until I entered the Cannabis industry.

Look around at big horticulture, no one uses rocks to root Lantana or Setcreasea or any plant for that matter.

Same logic for coconuts, none of my peers use coco fibers for their large scale production.

It’s not rocket science, just plants and DIRT!

So no I don’t like coconuts or rocks in/as my soil

6 Likes

Well my friend. I’m going to switch these over to soil, cause the ro setup worked with the water softener on the house line, but as soon as i connected the straight well water it went from 20 gal per hour to 7.5 gal per hour and twice the waste water. Also ph went to 6.6 (not bad) and ppm to 92. So going to soil will remove all the issues with water and i can get some more organic growing going, like i wanted to begin with.

And I’ve flushed once and started the nutes with veg instead. Going to foliar with distilled water for now. Using the ro to flush further.

Edit:
Double, triple lolololol. Ro system couldn’t hang, 20-25 gal and both filters done. Hahahahaha. Yeah, soil it is.

2 Likes

I’ve never understood the rockwool myself either. I can get it to clone maybe, but it just seems like an unnecessary expenditure. As far as I understand it, cannabis is just a regular plant. It’s not like an orchid that’s an epiphyte that absolutely requires a breathable media to be used on the roots.

I actually made up a bunch of 3 and 5 gallon pots last week. I did use coco but I only really used it to cut the dirt, and to add better drainage because they’ll be plants outside in Florida.

3 Likes

Got to get you some plants!

3 Likes

All in good time! Someone sent me some seeds, so I’ve got a couple that just broke ground last night. I’m not sure when shit will start to flower so hopefully they get big enough. I’m actually thinking that autos might be the best for me to grow given my current situation. I mean, I’ll still grow some photos for the season, but I should be able to get a couple of harvest per year running autos outside here.

4 Likes

Those blocks are massive for those small plants. You can grow a 6 foot plant in one of those

Rockwool and coco are all about dry downs, especially in the beginning. You have to let the plant search out for 2 maybe 3 watering and the roots fill the pot / block before you can take advantage of the power of coco and start watering daily then if they’re liking it you can up it to 2,3x a day

8 Likes

Only place I use coco is in mycology and I’ve never really thought of trying hydro of any form soil is the way to go

420 xD

1 Like

Do soil raised beds. That’s what I’m trying this next indoor round. Doing 16 plants per light.

2 Likes

Hmm, i just found some nice grow bags i was gonna use. Might look at raised beds next time. As it is now that’s not a possibility. I’m doing 45 per light atm.

I’d start with a full blown flush, check your ph. Ideallyyou want your plant a nice healthy green

1 Like

Yeah, i’ve been flushing them. But since the hard water still has calcium the ph runoff keeps going up. I was hoping that the ro system was gonna get me enough water to do a proper flush, but it only put out 20 gal before filters have out which is only 10 gal per side. Ph run off was 7 and 7.8.

So I’m going to see if i can get enough distilled water today to do at least 20 gal per side. Cause the ppm was still at 980. I’ve been foliar feeding at 1-2 ml per gallon of the various parts. I’ve flushed both last two days but it’s not getting to the results i need, so I’m switching to soil. But I’m only one person and keeping up with all this has been taxing to say the least. I’m trying to get them flushed for sure though.

It’s a 2 hour drive to go get things for me. I’m out in nowhere.

2 Likes

This is my ph and ppm run off in soil. Your ppm isn’t the issue. It’s ph and over watering

5 Likes

Cal mag dif

1 Like

Just curious what’s your input ph and ppm

Honestly, in the 5 years I’ve been growing I’ve never worried or had issue with ppm.

2 Likes