Hello my plants are sick. does anyone know what this is?

Well i am going for a sea of green and not large plants. I have 360 minis.

Buuuuut. One of my leds has a fucked bar since yesterday it seems. It didn’t turn off with the rest and is flickering. So they have reverted back to veg already.

I’m about to call growers choice and see wtf i can do.

I think most of your problem comes from not saturating those 6in blocks before you Transplanted. I don’t grow in rockwool often but when I did. I would soak cubes in a drum @full nute strength. I would then transplant clone into cubes and pack them closely under lights for 10 days. At around 7 (no watering done before)day mark I would check entire room and see which cubes need watering. Most did and those are who made it to flower. You need that initial soak and dry down to get the roots to run.

By you feeding constantly the roots will never want to grow down or out. Need to get dry down on check to get roots happy then plants with take off. Try adding microbes by hand feeding they’ll help root zone.

6 Likes

I’m most likely going to switch to soil to avoid all these issues. I need to fix the light bar thing first.

2 Likes

Delta variant

4 Likes

Don’t give up on it yet. Stick through it, everything will have a learning curve. All my friends that grow in grodan love it. You got a good set of guys helping you here. I’m sure we can get you going.

4 Likes

Well lo and behold my homie had a ro filter that only has a 1:1 waste ratio that he didn’t tell me about. Maybe there is hope, but honestly i still wanted to do soil and most soil has gypsum or lime in it which would buffer the ph of the hard water calcium. So we’ll see what happens.

Growers choice will most likely replace the fixture under warranty, so that’s the major thing that needs addressing otherwise.

I am super grateful for all the help. You guys are the best.

4 Likes

@Renchi best of luck man. This plant will humble even the best of growers. She can be a cruel bitch.

5 Likes

Yeah, it really can. I’m gonna try out the ro filter. It’s slow but done right should give me clean water. Gonna go check on the foliar and keep flushing the cubes until their ph is down and can use the res.

Should I feed multiple times a day with foliar? Never really used that as my main food source.

1 Like

I’d feed once a day or once every other day to avoid clogging stomata.

1 Like

The leaves are necrosising real bad.

I’m getting distilled water until i can get the ro situation fixed. Looks like using the hard water even with only a gal per side fucked them up more. :pensive::confounded::dizzy_face:

Man…they have gone from bad to worse eh?
I’m sorry man. #Heartbreaking

1 Like

Yeah, I’m pretty sad. Getting the ro and distilled water and rinsing them off when they wake up. My head hurts. Hopefully I’ll get this sorted. But fick man, it’s just one thing after the other. And feeling like I’m getting blamed for what others have decided to do isn’t making it any easier. Big fat wah. I should have stood my ground and said i don’t know how to run rockwool. I know soil. I’m not doing this, but i just wanted homie to be happy. And here we are.

2 Likes

My well water is similar to yours, but almost twice the tds. It takes a ton of ph down to adjust, due to the natural buffering keeping the ph drifting back up. Makes it hard to feed anything without all kinds of lockout issues.

Even after adjusting ph in otherwise plain well water it seems to cause very similar issues if used more than a couple times a week. I have much success running an el cheapo ro unit to get tds down to around 80, and a much more manageable ph around 6.4.

Don’t forget, in addition to horrible ph and tds, some well water may have a whole list of other issues from pesticide/herbicide contamination, high nitrates, heavy metals, coliform issues, and various other pathogens. Getting your well water tested by someone like JR Peters would give a wealth of info, and could be used to help them make you a custom nutrient blend for your water.

Hope your girls perk up soon with the clean water!

5 Likes

I already tested the water before starting and other than the high calcium it’s actually pretty clean.

3 Likes

That doesn’t look horrible. Filtration should help quite a bit. Let’s hope that’s all the issue is.

4 Likes

Great advice @BigM

1 Like

Setting up this to test right now.

Let them dry down.

3 Likes

I blend my well water with the water I collect from the ac and dehumidifiers. This takes my 7.4 ph and 320 ppm down to 6ph and 110 ppm.

4 Likes