Hello my plants are sick. does anyone know what this is?

Hello
my plants are sick. does anyone know what this is?

207929080_502133834404796_5694397940960994986_n

Tell us about your Ipm program. I’m going to guess russet mites and thrips.

7 Likes

I haven’t used anything for plant protection yet

Uh oh

8 Likes

You need to defoliate, take as many leaves off as possible. After that you could completely submerge the plant in water for 3-5 minutes, bath tub works good. Bugs will drown, then I would apply Kopa at .25 ounce per gallon.

10 Likes

Cal n mag deficiency

6 Likes

There are so many questions to be answered before we can help you.
They look like they’ve been wilting due to lack of constant watering program. As @Cloner suggested remove all leaves that are damaged. Dip for min of 3 mins. Conduct a runoff ppm analysis if possible.
Ph issues due to soil makeup. Literally tons of variables. It doesn’t look like russet or broad mites due to no canoe-ing or taco-ing of the leaves. Soil seems to be lacking nutrition.
Please provide us your strategies. Soil makeup, water ph, nutrition, ipm, location (if comfortable), cultivar names etc.
Looking forward in helping you as much as we can

8 Likes

I would speculate that thats a calcuim necrosis due to problems with transpiration, could be anynumber of factors contributing.

As @Miles-Beyond states the more answwrs you provide the thorougher the help.

5 Likes

@Miles-Beyond
@Cloner
@Lowkeygeek
@GrzA

I’m having similar issues as op. I have had major ph issues from the beginning. I’m using rockwool and didn’t submerge the cubes. Instead i thought i could just use the drip lines to do that. Seems rockwools hydrophobic properties made that harder than thought. So my homie wanted me to ebb and flow them to soak. Alas we have lowtide trays, so that’s very hard to get right aswell. So he wanted it to sit for 2-3 days. During this time the ph seems to have risen and I’ve not been able to get the runoff to less than 6.8 now. It was up at 7.4 in the beginning.

Further i didn’t know that adding the silica (as ph up) at the end would cause nutrient lock out which seems to have caused a calmag deficiency. Further the water we have is very hard, 7.7 ph and 250 ppm. I have a calcium inhibitor filter inline with an rv filter. That’s not really helped with the ph or ppms. So it seems that the high calcium causes the sulphur to bind and drop the nutes out to create a layer of nutes on the top of the water that then settles at the bottom. Pretty much everything that can go wrong is going wrong. Couple that with the ebb and flow saturating the cubes i haven’t been keeping up with the everyday watering cause of signs of overwatering. And the lines on one side already for clogged. I was using ¼inch drip lines 6 inch space between the 0.8 gph emitters. I’ve been hand watering inbetween giving 200-500ml per cube at a time.

I’ve now got 1gph flag emitters that I’m gonna put on instead. Also was told to start foliar feeding instead so they can directly uptake the nutes that are locked out.

Here are some pics. The eaten look made is think we had broadmites so I’ve been using Athenas ipm twice at 120 ml per gallon with hydrogen peroxide once inbetween. Was told that it’s not mites but due to the ph being of that that’s occurring. I’m hoping you guys can help me correct all the things I’m doing wrong. I’ve never used rockwool before and atm i hate it. I wish I’d gone straight hydro or soil like i wanted to.

Edit: we also skipped veg completely and went straight to flower so they never got veg nutes. I’m using Athenas blended line.

Space those cubes out so they get air flow. Maybe water by hand for a few days. So you can pick them up and see they are not needing more or less water. Once roots are established you can over water with that dripper system thing you got.

6 Likes

Ok, I’ll give them as much space as i can. There are 36 cubes in the 3x3 ft trays. There is some room to play with. I’ve been hand watering as much as i can.

1 Like

Flush hard. Check runoff to confirm they are clean. Space them out just a little as @Onceovertwice suggested give them 1/4 nute strength (veg) for a week then change rez to 1/4 nute strength (flower). From the pics they look hella locked out. Way to confirm mites is with a 50x microscope.
The veg nutes will supply some N and micro nutes that should kickstart them hard. Then the transition should be smooth.
Hope this helps @Renchi

1 Like

@Miles-Beyond

I’m flushing them with athena cleanse atm. I was gonna foliar fed them. Can i do that with the line of veg nutes at 1/4 strength? I have athena on one side and am trying to switch to growth science on the other side as a side by side to decide what line to go with.

I’m also thinking of getting 1 gal pots and cutting them out of the rockwool to deal with this, cause i don’t think the hard water will be as problematic in soil. Also only need to ph to 6.8 for max nute uptake.

What do you think?

1 Like

I think if you foliar feed then go with that first and see if they respond. If they are slow to build then absolutely take the cube and fill a pot with coir or whatever you use. I’m starting to wonder if since you have the cubes in tight that salt build up dried to the sides of the cubes thereby burning roots growing out of the sides of the cubes? Can you take a pic of your roots?

2 Likes

No roots are coming out the side or bottom yet. They’re only in the beginning of week 2 of flower. 3 days veg.

2 Likes

Roots look okay. Any smell at all?

2 Likes

Sometimes when super saturated there’s been a somewhat musky smell in the room, but it goes away fairly fast.

I just got done spraying with one minute to spare before the lights went out. Having leds allows me to control the output so i didn’t need to wait until dark to foliar.

I’ll see what it looks like tomorrow.

1 Like

You need more roots. Those plants are going to get you nothing but In debt. I would put them back in veg now!

4 Likes

Ok, I’ll go turn the lights back to 18/6

This one will be transplanted in to a large pot of rockwool crutons for two weeks before flip. It will yield about 3/8 of a pound.

4 Likes