Head temp dropping not sure why

In which case @roiplek might have missed…

OL = overlord?!?

5 Likes

could be?

5 Likes

Seems like in a fraction with vac level above 10mmHg is probably the full answer.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Show us how you have your gauge plumbed. I suspect you’ve throttled your vacuum path drastically with it (guessing).

Edit: maybe not. Certainly not a requirement with this gauge.

Depends on the tee used…

2 Likes

Bigger question, you’re several hrs in, and your rig is leaking like a sieve, you might want to consider shutting that shit down for the night before you completely wreck everything in the flask.

If you haven’t already. See: Chromatogram: 3% THC

If you can’t get the job done with mantle temps below 240C, I suggest you stop & regroup.

1 Like

The temp will drop that drastically at the end of a fraction? Honestly asking

How does the thermometer get hot?

What happens when there is no more of the thing that boils at that temp left to boil?

3 Likes

plumbed directly into the cow. I figured that’s what the port was for since it fit there so well. It’s directly over the line to the cold trap. Will that affect the reading?

That makes sense. This info is all very helpful as this was my first run ever

1 Like

I ended up finishing. The mantle got up to 224 at the highest and head temp was 200. Seemed high to me based on what I was told but idk

At those temps you should be fine.

2 Likes

Only the head temp will.
And yes, if your not making vapor nothing touches the thermometer.

2 Likes

Ditch that hose if you can.

1 Like

doesn’t look terrible for a first attempt in my opinion. But the testing could change my mind on that easily. How expensive is It to get a sample tested?

1 Like

the real question is how does smell?

3 Likes

Depends on where you are I would assume. Some states don’t allow just anyone to drop off samples.

1 Like

How can i ditch the hose?

Oregon

1 Like

Smell is very faint. Hard to describe what it smells like . But it’s def there