Has god abandoned the legacy market?

Go ahead and patent the cuts all you want. Your defoliator your paying $20 an hour will pocket a cut, and the legacy market will continue flooding your genetics. It really is a whack a mole. How much do you have to pay a wook to not steal cuts you can steal , resell for $10,000, which 5 degrees of Kevin jodrey later @genetraders will be selling for $100 a cut, because it takes them $1 to produce.

If they really cared about getting fire to the people they would sell the breeders cuts for $10 bucks not a $100. 1000 percent mark up should be good enough, why do you need a 10,000 percent mark up? Because thatā€™s what you think you can get away with, because no one that actually has the genetics will nother undercutting you to take your flow, because they know they would be cutting their nose to spite their face

10 Likes

If you sell 100 cuts for 100 a piece, that cost you 100 to produce , your making $9900 on profit. Donā€™t tell me that business model is to get medicine in peopleā€™s hands. Itā€™s to get money in your pockets, by undercutting the people that spent more for the genetics. Itā€™s all business, not personal sonny

A model I could get behind is, give it away to those who take care of patients with quality and fair pricing.

4 Likes

You make valid well thought out points that I donā€™t disagree with.

Also donā€™t take my name too seriously, Iā€™m not a businessā€¦ Iā€™m a lowly wage worker but I give away any cut I hunt that the 3 people I share cuts with care about. Anyone wants a cut from me itā€™s free but itā€™s not elite and Iā€™m going to need a few weeks ā€¦, :wink:

5 Likes

In my opinion, legalization is causing the change. People can legally grow their own plants. So the supply is up, pushing demand and prices down. So while businesses need a fixed amount of money to operate the lowering prices are making it less and less affordable to operate.

Plus now that it is legalized, I think that big corporations with tons of capital can spend tons of money on R&D to make better products at lower prices. So itā€™s great for customers because they have access to cheaper and better stuff. But itā€™s bad for businesses because there is more competition.

1 Like

legalization in America was a big factor in the surplus we are facing up here. when there was no more going south it would flood Canada. On top of that, since March 2014, everybody and their brother has jumped on board and that has made a spike in supply. too much supply and not enough demand.

1 Like

LHS got acquired by a US company (Ayr) at a huge discount, because LHS was having like a 60% crop failure rate lol. Has their quality improved in the past few months? Iā€™m always curious about the quality/perception of all the FL companies

1 Like

Appreciate the update

I havenā€™t stayed updated is why, but imo no. Its gotten worse and I remember them partnering with Seed Junky and they fucked up multiple batches with mold

After that, been eh

Send me the link please, Iā€™m drooling without even seeing it.

Thatā€™s why jungle boys moved into Florida.

They were handing out licenses to get good products finished.

Thereā€™s plenty of zips of hash for sub 700 even sub 500 but thatā€™s all from dudes without hypeā€¦ ā€œig hypeā€ branded rosin brands break $700+ a zip sure

Nah but just a little north they were teaming up with a few hemp farms and some CBD drink company here in Oregon. That was a while ago so no idea what happened to those ventures.

1 Like

Hemps also banned here but they do own land down south, not sure if its still humboldt county or not.

1 Like

Bud doesnā€™t distill anything. So no distillate is not your product.

You literally countered yourself by saying bud buys those companies. Itā€™s ambev not bud, as they are subsidiary.

If you think alcohol, Tabacco, Pharma and paper are not already positioned then you are in for a rude awakening.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure they will do as well as the publicly traded Canadian companies

Just another little thought from what I saw this yearā€¦ Mexican cartels moved into southern Oregon and blew up every single property they can lease out for the season. The amount of gigantic greenhouse deps this year was unfathomable. They build greenhouses the cheapest way possible, their labor is next to nothing as most of them are trafficked into work and with the volume they do they can let it go for next to nothing. Iā€™ve had people offer me pounds of really nice stuff from three to $500 over the last few weeks or months lol. Luckily at this point Iā€™m not in the business so none of that affects me, but to see or know so many people that leased out their property to Mexicans this year where all they have to do is sit back and collect money at the end was pretty crazy. A few years ago you could set up a couple greenhouses and make a nice little chunk of cash. But now the standard cartel grow out here is 40-100 greenhouses in some guys backyard. And itā€™s everywhere. That adds to all the other catalysts for price plummeting. And while it always does Stand true that quality will beat everything, Producing hundreds or thousands of pounds in every backyard you can find to lease out here definitely creates a problem

11 Likes

It was pretty crazy last yr there, didnā€™t go back this yr but i saw some of what was being built for this yr and there were alot of people swinging for the fences

Next level. Josephine and Jackson county went balls to the wall. You can drive down the i5 and just see fields of greenhouses. It was ridiculous lol. Single use greenhouses + cheap labor with big efficient Mexican crews + a giant field to use = $3-500 lbs of pretty damn good flower. I know more than one person that was trying to move boxes at $250/unit and it was pretty damn good quality. Comedy. Lots of people storing their flower for a few months hoping to recoup

4 Likes

So many are trying to store for a few month I feel like prices are going to be low for a minute after this again

As a Canadian, I can tell you that the fact that the borders were closed for a while didnā€™t help. When you send a 5000-6000lbs per load and it gets busted, it is pretty hard. That time of the year, last year, it was pretty easy to sell a load. A lot of loads didnā€™t make it to the US, just google it.

Cancel the ACPMR program and you will see how fast the price will go up.

But as other people said, itā€™s a cycle. Where I am from (east coast) you can still sell your weed for 1k per pound for something nice. Only the mids growers are shutting down. If you can get more than 2 pounds per light and your shit is quality, you are still good.

As far as importation, Canadian weed will always have his place in the US, our dollars is so low compared to the US dollar. A pound of good Canadian weed at 800$ can is like 625$ us.

1 Like

I canā€™t imagine canadian stuff faring well in Maine or the west coast anymore. ND/Idaho are different stories

3 Likes