Has god abandoned the legacy market?

Elaborate

Any pics of what it looks like??

Just context in general

Im retarded as shit so I never actually thought of cold pressing cannabis, juicing opportunities???

Low temp rosin is what I’m talking about but used those words to draw the parallel to cold pressed oils , like food oils. Not an exact comparison but there is industrial precedent for pressing oil from plant matter.

2 Likes

people have been working for years trying to scale up rosin and now after years of r&d you can press 50-100 grams at a time

rosin is a bit more than “cold pressed cannabis oil” it starts with making fire ass bubble hash in a freeze drier not making olive oil with bud

Ohh I thought you meant actual cold temp my bad

Low temp presses Ive watched and its beautiful. Watched a 40 minute press of a guy getting purple solventless THCA

Federal legalization means giant corporations play ball with their R&D phds , not really the same game.

1 Like

If fed legalization happens RIP cannabis

Pfizer covid hemp derived vaccines

2 Likes

? My state legalized and now I don’t live in fear. Y’all trippin lol

2 Likes

yeah there are no corporations in cannabis or making equipment

smh

I live in a medical state that is essentially rec

The same 6 corporations have majority market on lockdown, the rest barely anymore except old people go to

The main 6, everyone and their fucking lizard goes to them

Getting into cannabis has legal blockers for many traditional giants of industry, such that they wouldn’t even consider it. You don’t see Phillip Morris growing in humboldt county.

But touché

when you talk about Budweiser equivalents to marijuana names like phillip morris are relevant.

rosin isn’t a Budweiser type product, that would be disillate.

rosin is like an oak aged sour or a fruit conditioned heddi boy can. Bud doent make these products, they buy the companies that do. Just like all the major canadian players buy craft brands as they cant do it themselves.

shit even look at tobacco, they cant even rip off an american spririt well.

2 Likes

they are no legal blockers to enter the Canadian market yet so many of the big conglomerates didn’t even think about hopping in and the big companies that did are doing poorly

2 Likes

Maybe not

But I have some bets that a lot of corporations probably have money in hemp if anything
 or legal hemp grows and operations to get a foot in the door.

Money can get you anything
 hire people to do everything for you while you sit back and handle business making passive income if thats your style
 personally, not my style.

Canadian legal market influences the US market a lot, lot of deals in my state between dispensary’s and investors from Canada
 a lot

Liberty Health Sciences I believe is the one thats still owned by Canadian investors if I’m not mistaken, few more here too

During the swaps quality was fucked

Was never consistent. Either good or bad, hit or miss, 50/50, etc. just bad. Not its even worse somehow. Seeded feminized plants being sold lmao now.

I disagree in part, I see where you’re coming from but I think rosin is just another industrial process.

I wonder how many people struggling with scaling pressing have looked into other industries? It might not even be worth it now considering the margins. But there Seems like a lot of rediscovering the wheel in this industry from an outsider perspective.

2 Likes

pretty glib of you to assume the multiple mfgs making this large scale equipment haven’t looked into other similar processes.

The legacy market was always supportEd by the whack a mole nature of illicit growing. The larger your op, the larger odds of you going down, spending some time at club fed. When yuu have large legal grows, who are backdooring their product , but getting shut down due to law enforcement at a lower rate,then their traditional market cousins, it throws off the supply and demand dynamic in a way that simply wasn’t possible prior to our patch work of legalization, leading to a crippling of the price point.

The final nail in the coffin are the clone boys letting top tier cuts go for around a hundo.

6 Likes

Lol @Demontrich

But they gave me mites

5 Likes

I think it’s unfortunate that people want to hoard the good medicine but then again look at insulin prices for an industrial precedent. If people can patent cuts then you can charge insane prices again. But who wants that?

2 Likes

Genetics have been so good for so long, that dropping new fire cuts that cost $*000 dollars to people only willing to spend $100 on the genetic, shouldn’t improve the patients medical experience imo. At that point if patients are getting bad quality meds, it’s because the grower is not a good grower. Getting a sub par grower great genetics, will lead to sub par flower for breeder cuts. This sub par flower of the breeder cut being on the market place lowers the price of the same cut grown to perfection. If McDonalds has the terps that you want, most won’t venture any farther they will take the cheap pgr pack, so they can make more money flipping it.

The proper way is to strategically dump the new genetics similar to the economics of the dollar theaters.

The new new exotics that aren’t moving properly those you send to the cheap clone club first.

The Hollywood box office hits that are popular, you may want to maintain the price point to a respectable amount, so the clone doesn’t get out right away. Leading to the inevitable drop in quality that happens when people who aren’t willing to pay a respectable amount for genetics, get their hands on it.

6 Likes