Has god abandoned the legacy market?

Is it just the Canadian market only suffering? Or you guys down in Murica super flooded aswell.

So many grows have shut down, tons of grow equipment at the dump these days as noone wants to buy it lol. Market prices are so low all the bunk growers being forced to give up. Not to mention a lot of smaller labs giving up due to product not moving and pricing being so low.

Been curious as to what is causing this sudden change in the market. Everyone saying it has never been this bad over here.

Used to think it was covid but other industries have proven people are not actually as broke and still got money.
Kinda of assumed because borders were closed that could be having a huge effect. If that was true has canada just over produced what we need actually.
Did murica going legal in more states change canadian demand.

Than there is the legal market. Seems the legal market is suffering just as bad so cant say people are shopping in the stores more.

Whats going on!?!? Love to here everyones thoughts

Is it the spawn of all the websites and producers selling retail lol??

3 Likes

a commodity crop that is no longer artificially scarce will be priced to reflect that new reality

42 Likes

Its the usual cycles every couple yrs, those with good long relationships and the financial ability to ride it out make it. Ive seen a slight slow down but still barely make orders every week. Definitely not a market i would enter but with decade long built relationships it makes it easier. This will be my last hurrah, until the wheels fall off and then work through the reserve ive been squirreling away for a yr

7 Likes

Everyone grew weed at home during covid

Don’t worry tho, covid is officially a never ending profit donkey that phizer will be riding into the eternal sunset.

17 Likes

There is a few things i think are at work…

This isnt very far off from 2017-2018 prices. For some reason in 2019-2020, cannabis went up to some crazy prices. Id say the price of weed has drop consistently from 2009 to 2018 when we saw a huge spike in prices…

Also, we now have OK and they are growing massive plots… in the past as Cali dried out, so did the market… NOW, OK has stepped up and probably produced as much as Cali and Oregon and we have now a slight surplus in the system. Other States like MI and WA are able to support there neighboring illegal states and the market has sort clammed like @pdxcanna has eluded.

i remember in the early 2000 when beasters where very popular in the US… im sure most of the cross border imports are no longer worth it and that has messed with the canadian and mexican borders…

Plus, the covid money is starting to dry up with inflation… products and services are much higher priced which makes us want less of them…

its gonna be a few good years in Cannabis…im interested in seeing how this plays out over the next year or so…

Im personally happy that weed is coming down… Rosin Prices are still HIGH… People should be exploiting the price difference right now with cheap flower and super expensive rosin!

16 Likes

Wheres the dump with all the used shit? Im there!

10 Likes

I threw out 12-14 magnum xxxl hoods when I shut my warehouses down. Couldn’t give that stuff away.

12 Likes

Big industry always comes in and floods the market with some mediocre flower. Only place the market is good still is in illegal states. Same bullshit diff product, cost more and more to make it, yet getting paid less and less.

Michigan

2 Likes

Eh that’s debatable.

4 Likes

The problem with rosin is 5% being a decent yield makes even $600 pounds tough. Even with an $80 price point retail.

1 Like

I think this all depends on your perspective and which market you have chosen to put your self in(or have been placed in based on your growing skills).

If you worry more about how much comes out of your room vs. the quality of what comes out of your room, life is rough these days.

If you take more pride in spraying toxins they don’t test for yet, instead of taking a fucking shower and changing your clothes every time before entering your room, life is rough right now.

If you compete for the 90% of the market who want the cheapest gram of weed, life is rough right now.

If you service the 10% of the market made up of pot snobs who only care about quality, the market doesn’t look a whole lot different year to year.

I’ll take that 10% of the market over the 90% thank you.

28 Likes

Then life is still good :grin:

15 Likes

It’s just what I see, people come here buy, and turn around and double there money if not more in another state. lbs of fire here in mass quantity is going for 1200-1300. That’s garbage. The big hitters are moving it across lines to illegal states.
There’s just to much smoke around from the commercial grows that’s pushed into streets and ruined the market.
I look at it as they done shot there own foot off because them pushing all that weight into the street lowered the demand intern lowered the cost and fucked the flower market for everybody. And the same goes with concentrates.

3 Likes

If you have the passion, skill and discipline, you’ll make it. It’s the same in any market… quality products and good business practices can separate one from the rest. Maybe it’s not as lucrative as it one was, but if you can’t cut it now…it’s because you’re missing something or lacking something required for the recipe of success. It’s a grind…if it’s not a grind you enjoy…it’s not for you.

19 Likes

giphy (34)

THE MARKET IS FOR INDIANS NOW - IF YOU DON’T USE EVERY PART OF THE KILL YOU WILL SURELY STARVE AND DIE. I WILL NOW LISTEN TO ANTHRAX AND APPLY WARPAINT FOR THE REST OF THE MORNING

14 Likes

That’s my whole business plan right there.
It doesn’t matter what type of product you have whether or be a cell phone, clothing or weed, quality will always sell out first at a higher price.
I may be proved wrong but the way I see it is that quality is always going to be easier to sell vs. yield.

5 Likes

Buddy owns a dispo. Because of COVID, custies either go bottom barrel price or high end nice quality. A majority of producers get lost somewhere in the middle.

There are still profitable niches like rosin. I’d like to see old school hash come back for the old head nostalgia.

18 Likes

Those old school pressed slabs with the arabic writing, one of the few things i miss from the 90’s

12 Likes

Fixed

4 Likes

It has been actually depending where. Europe its very popular still, more so Slavic or Nordic countries. I talk to a guy from somewhere around the Slavic parts of everything, I’m bad at geography I apologize, and its still VERY popular. Its one his favorites he says.

1 Like