Has anyone used this hash machine?

At 1/4 the cost of an osprey, it sounds pretty dang tempting

1 Like

It doesn’t look awful! I’ll admit that much!

2 Likes

honest question, what would make that possibly bad? because at $8680 shipped…thats honestly something my bosses might say fuck it lets get it to try out, thats basically the same price as our lab tests every other week lol

3 Likes

That’s how I feel, more or less. Only possible failure points on that thing would be the impeller seal, motor, or computer

1 Like

Seal is definitely the weakest spot. Although that seal is easier than the corresponding one in a fuge.

-lower speeds
-less vibration
-no need to run dry
-no flammablity issues
-process fluid won’t wash lube out of bearings

So chances are…

2 Likes

Massive hiroshima level explosion. Gotcha.

2 Likes

Possibly.

Although i believe one needs non-wiggly electrickery to turn water into “goes boom”.

so my boss is down to drop $8k on this, any reason we should not?

to give context, ive never made bubble hash before, this would be our foot into that/the rosin space. i know generally what other equipment we would need but I definitely dont want to get him to waste $8k.

They don’t show any of the guts on the electronics, or the seal/drive for the impeller. I’d wanna see that before I sent anyone that kinda money

1 Like

Looks like a repurposed unsold fuge

1 Like

From my experience nothing Chinese is UL or ETL listed or equivalent so you’ll more then likely have to pay for a private party peer review for this equipment to be in a compliant space and make any upgrades to the equipment that it is more then likely not up to local codes in its electrical layout

3 Likes

What did yall decide on? Get any extra information on it?

we did not purchase that machine. im waiting to hear if the osprey mini is worth it since we arent looking to produce at a massive scale just some side work since were ~3 months out from our bho setup being ready for processing again

1 Like