Has anyone ever carted crude

Ok, I just wanted to make sure it was being done by others. I see it is not, at least not in this capacity.

I gave this customer those 3 guns as a customer servicing for carts (wanted to send cash because HSW are worth their weight in gold, and had a waitlist at that point). They want more guns, but I cannot give them any more right now, even if they want to pay for them as it will take guns from people on the waitlist that are using them correctly.

3 Likes

Is there particulate matter?
It could be that the ball is forced beyond its seat and seals against the backside, then hydraulic pressure forces the thing apart?

Might be worth a plane ticket to see whats up with the product and blow one up yourself.

7 Likes

I have absolutely carted EtOH crude, but not at scale.

decarbed, without added terps. didn’t take as much heat as distillate.
only issues where when allowed to cool in the needle.

@tweedledew?

2 Likes

Yes, using a thompson duke. Make sure it is winterized and well filtered.

Additional heat or a filter will likely clear that all up. How much heat can the fitting that blew apart withstand would be a concern too, looks like there’s a gasket there.

When I say additional heat, I don’t necessarily mean for the reservoir, you might need additional heat near the fitting.

1 Like

My guess is there is a solvent or probably just an excessive amount of terpenes making something fall apart in there. Either that or the customer is just manhandling the thing/not taking proper care of it if this is isolated to one customer over and over. Some people are just not good about taking care of their stuff and take advantage of manufacturers to replace them.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve rocked a bunch of carts with “crude” (65%-75% thc) with only a light decarb from in process.

I had the cart filler up around 90c and then id hit the top with a heat gun on occasion to keep it really moving. It’s slow and sticky but it works.

2 Likes

Dont know if it counts. But I was doing 250ml at time. I’d extract dry ice cold small crc. Was grabbing fats so i winterized in ethanol.

Then directly to hot plate. Once done bubbling was ready. Add terps and my tasteless terps and booya.

Was before I had ur loader though so I used a syringe

U have to do full decarb that’s the trick. And tasteless terps keep me from having to add so much taste to thin. No noze burn

2 Likes

You have run the handheld with crude using this method?

1 Like

This was before ur loader…

I only used syringes for bho decarb. If it’s still bubbling its gonna give trouble

Also I think shatter decarb might get pretty hard sometimes. According to ratios. Tasteless terps really get things moving. I did 6% terps 6 % tasteless…

But I waited till the crc crude was fully done bubbling . And was decarbing at crazy temps like 230-270(accidentally bc going to fast)w no color change

I feel a full decarb really helps and adding the terps at the right temp ,low enough to keep from bubbling themselves

2 Likes

@StoneD
Do tasteless terps actually provide no taste or nose burn? Thinking I might need some in a few blends like 1-2%

3 Likes

Yep…

Only taste what the extract taste like to me…or canna terps

I’m sure if u added a ton itd leave nose burn bc its terps

3 Likes

Glass syringes with a loader to clear this material, then Hsw syringes when they have cartable material. Heard.

I cant have someone dump sellable product for my machine. I kinda wanna buy a reservoir full and dump it in someones duke. I have a feeling I know what will happen.

1 Like

I feel like I could have ran my crc crude thru my 50shot of urs w no isssues…just might load at 175f-190f to make sure thin enough

2 Likes

I’ve had to cart crude before. I wouldn’t put it in my cart farmer though. I love that thing too much. I just decarbed my ethanol extracted crude added 5% terps and filled carts using my old 50 shot.

2 Likes

i had a lot of luck with the 50 shot style syringe. would mix terps and oil oin a mason jar in 500ml batches. then i would pre full 4 of the tubes with oil and leave warm in a toaster oven. i had some wood filling boards i drilled out to hold the cartridges. and i would make about 1000 or so in a day.
i would fill and keep oil ready to go. I had another person just putting caps on as fast as they possibly could… it was a fun time. lol

Theres a few brands like this out there.

If the crude is winterized, decarbed, and solvent free there should be no issues filling with any syringe/filler provided they are getting it sufficiently hot. If they continue having issues with the HSW guns then I would say swap to a fifty-shot style filler as others have suggested. There could be some weird interaction with the check valve/repeater action on the HSW and the oil. But I agree, this is a real head scratcher…

1 Like

Decarb under pressure…

They decarbed in the guns, but its costing guns. It’s handled in a customer service sense,but I am really angry that the gun couldnt take interior decarb. I’ve seen the gun take it before but with bho.

They did let me know that they don’t need to winterize, since they extract sub -60. Maybe winterization would have done it.

3 Likes