Has anyone ever carted crude

One of our farmers is experiencing great difficulties carting crude. I am looking for anyone who has has experience with it, as I don’t.

Is it difficult to cart crude? Has anyone ever used a farmer on crude before?

1 Like

What kind of crude? I have carted butane extracted “crude” without any problems. I don’t have a farmer (yet).

1 Like

Ethanol extracted crude. Its on the darker side, but I think it is winterized

What tools did you use?

What temperatures was your material at?

Was it decarbed?

Were outside terps added to the material

1 Like

i used butane/propane extracted cbda crude and thc/a shatter (mixed at 50/50), no decarb, with a shitty blunt tip dispensing Syringe off Amazon. Temp was “warm” lol. And yes, cannabis derived terpenes mixed at 7 percent. Also did a batch with botanical terpenes mixed at 5 percent.

These were filtered through a 5 micron sintered disc with no crc

First pic is cbda “crude, second pic is cart, third pic is “shatter”

4 Likes

I made carts with winterized and carbon scrubbed BHO. Mixed 5% terpenes in. It was OK.

1 Like

What tool did you use to fill this mix?

1 Like

And a mason jar…

@qma

2 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

Did you guys do this at scale? (500-5000)

Ethanol extracted crude is almost always a fail, unless it’s very nice and golden and hasn’t been decarbed, made thousands of carts from Isobutane extracted crude tho and they were killer. Sometimes with added terps sometimes without. Usually ethanol extracted hemp crude is pretty dark. There’s always the exception to that of course but on average it’s not pretty and doesn’t taste great.

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about these…

Can it cart ethanol crude though

I think de-carbed crude should work fine through the filler u sell. I would probably just go a we bit hotter than usual but as long as it’s de-carbed and winterized should be fine. If it’s not completely de-carbed I could see some problems with if trying to muffin outa the filler of carts post facto

1 Like

I’ve carted @nostrums CO2 extracted cbda “crude” with a cf250. No different than anything else I’ve carted. I’m guessing that you are talking about thc crude though. What is the issue that homie is having? All you say is that he is having some difficulty…

If the farmer is having difficulty, I would imagine his oil needs further processing. The CF filler line is fine. Sounds like an operator error to me.

1 Like

It blew the top off. Im stressing because I can’t wrap my finite mind around it.

And then they went and did it with 2 more just to make sure. Yup, crude blows the top off.

It also siezes the line. What component in the crude would be so awful? I once helped service a customer that carted pine sap, it still worked, but not crude. Im losing it

4 Likes

Does it have something to do with it being more volatile? The 2 things I could think of would be if there’s some co2 being created when heated or. If it’s so thick the pressure applied in the trigger cause it to fail there.

3 Likes

What temps did it fail at? Have u tried going ungodly hot yet.

They used a cf50 and set the res to 70 because they are used to the 250. I feel like the crude was at 60-70c. I feel like the correct temp would be 80-90 for this type of material

2 Likes

No way lol, like 20 at a time. Scale would be a miserable job with my shitty Amazon Blunt tip syringe.

1 Like

I have. Crude destined for spd. Client didn’t want to have his crude made into distillate as there wasnt enough as anticipated. We went thru 100 .5ml in elcheapo plastic/wick carts.

2 Likes