Has anyone else been screwed by BC Hop Co (Canada)

It seems like I’m not the only person that’s been done dirty by this company. I’ve now heard from two different members on here that they’ve had less than pleasant dealings with Dwayne Stewart at the BC Hop Co.

Which surprises me exactly not at all.

He did manage to bankrupt his construction company.

Then he got into hops and was failing at that.

Then got into hemp and well… We’re still fighting him for fucking us over for closer to eight figures than seven.

But as a direct result of us helping him and him fucking us, he’s doing well today, so good for him I guess?

Canadian company petitions for payment in dispute over biomass

Have you been fucked over or fucked around by Dwayne? I’d love to hear about it. I’m sure others would too.

When we finally get our money out of him - and covid is basically done - I’m gonna throw a massive pig roast to celebrate. Y’all are invited.

I’ve been told by my lawyers I can’t publicly tell my story at this point without possibly jeapordizing my arbitration. But if you want to hear the longer version of the story behind that HempToday article, pm me and I’ll give you the password to this page:

https://encann.ca/news/a-message-from-the-ceo-of-encann-solutions/

6 Likes

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

A Canadian company has petitioned the British Columbia Supreme Court to enforce payment of CA$761,000 ($632,000)

This is six figures being closer to seven.

If suggested not to share more, I’d heed the advice. Probably got another year or two

You are correct in that that was the damages calculated in the Partial Final Award that was handed down.

We lost $5.3m in profits as a result of the breach.

Keep your :popcorn: ready, there is a lot more dry powder to be spent on this.

3 Likes

XD partial final is an interesting combo

So he’s gonna have a second bankruptcy? Does that mean you’ll recover funds ever?

Law is quite the thing, isn’t it? I hate that I’ve spent enough time on this that I’m pretty close to paralegal level capability with contract drafting and such.

:shushing_face:

A mentor of mine once said that under no circumstances would he ever want to be on the other side of a courtroom from me, and would do everything in his power to ensure that he never was.

2 Likes

Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Maybe not recover all the funds or any but in my experience I’m sure this guy has plenty of assets that can at least make up for some of that debt if he files bankruptcy Lincoln will be in line to choose what he wants of value or can choose to let it go to auction and get some funds back.

3 Likes

Hoping the same for @potguru1

3 Likes

Oh my fuck…

1 Like

Well, the jimmies are thoroughly rustled on the other side of the table.

BC Hop threatened us with the possibility of legal action over the content of our website post, so it’s been taken down until our lawyers can go over it with their expensive fine toothed combs.

Again.

2 Likes

Best oif luck! its always nice hearing you pissed them off and caused some sort of frustration in return. its the absolute least they deserve.

3 Likes

:popcorn:

5 Likes

Sounds like they got the pw xD

Canadians at least share in the same fuckery

1 Like

Fuckery??? Never!

In this article, Dwayne Stewart said “BC Hop Company has always worked with our business partners and vendors ethically, professionally and collaboratively and we will continue to do so.”

He put it in writing, so that must be true, right?

Did you know that many types of legal filings are public?

If one were to go to the BC Court Services Online page at CSO - Home and punch in either EnCann or BC Hops, you’d end up with a list of any open files for the company you put in. Punching in our file number of 214966 would show you what files match that filing number.

If you want to see what’s in any of those files, you have to pay $6 CAD. If you then want to see copies of the legal documents filed as part of that filing, you need to spend another $6 CAD.

But then you would get to see copies of the documents submitted as part of that process, in handy PDF format.

It’s entirely possible that someone who did that might find some evidence to support Dwayne’s statement. It is also possible that someone might find some evidence that does not support that statement.

One never knows, really. So much is uncertain in this life.

6 Likes

The lawyers signed off on it so that post is public now.

https://encann.ca/news/a-message-from-the-ceo-of-encann-solutions/

I’ve found all sorts of interesting things in the searches of the public records I’ve been doing.

Keep yer :popcorn: warm.

9 Likes

Dam dude thats nuts

Oh I finally got to read it now. Wonder who ratted.
Saw that coming tho.

1 Like

foudn these when i searched the civil court records …

:popcorn:

fileleaks. com/T2l65HtUdD/xoPxytDPuDeHVgkwBjEDrRvA.pdf

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: !

fileleaks. com/9IWOXOAunA/wTfQXvjRyQHndfXEBtxwrDwU.pdf

2 Likes

I’m just gonna play devils advocate
xoPxytDPuDeHVgkwBjEDrRvA.pdf
wTfQXvjRyQHndfXEBtxwrDwU.pdf

Yup, those look like what we filed.