Gummy recipe and SOP inside

Definitely not

Idk how you haven’t seen the other threads of us bickering

Atleast in this one i tried to keep it professional even though he resorted to personal attacks

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: all I did was ask a question

My first statement was italicized as a joke :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Could you possibly elaborate on the 3 methods to clear tags off a pour and scrape? :slight_smile:

1 Like

So long as we modify the genome without adding foreign DNA we haven’t made a genetically modified organism

Yep. That’s legit.

Almost as legit as saying cannabis sativa and cannabis sativa are two different plants.

6 Likes

Sorry you dont agree with the legal definition take it up with the government if you want it changed not me

I bet you don’t even use real vegans in your gummies…

4 Likes

I wonder if non-gmo, organic, vegan squeezins is what I am missing for my emulsification process. Write that down!

2 Likes

Wouldnt that make it a cannabal gummy?

I guess you wouldnt have to change the if you call them canna gummies

:rofl:

3 Likes

Anyone else got any tips for clearing gummy ‘tags’ or ‘halos’ on a pour and scrape?

I have just finished creating a heated table with silicone heaters etc and recipe is good. Not sure if millerlite is posting around atm - be good to hear from anyone on how they deal with the pour and scrape tags! :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

If your getting tags… one or more is happening
1.your recipe is off.
2.your SOP is off.
3.your not following the above two correctly.
4.your using the wrong molds.

Im able to scrape the 1st post recipe with the 1st posts molds. I just need to adjust the SOP.
And thoes molds suck ass for scraping…

2 Likes

Yeah aware of that, the tags are minimal but I have some molds that are 30A hardness which dont like a firm scrape so much. Just wondered if you had the 3 methods you mentioned above? When flipping the pan upside down is that on a heated surface or just after pour when the main gummies have firmed up in the mould?

1 Like

Absolute dumbass noob here to the site. Thought I was doing pretty well with my home batches of gummies, then I ran into this site, these forums…. And this thread! Holy crap! You guys are awesome! I love how mad scientisty this is! The mold maker guys, @darkcitymolds @mgucci and of course, the man that started this post, @MillerliteRN ! I ain’t kissing ass, just wanted to say thanks for all the great information and insight. Sometimes it skewed off course (@thumper lol) but it’s like the perfect thread! I now see that not only do I have so much more learning and testing (oh how I love testing my candies) to do, but also all the possibilities that are out there!

All this to say, glad I found the site and thanks to everyone who has, and will contribute!

8 Likes

Welcome to the Future, @Joedaddy! You’ll find that there is ALWAYS something interesting to read here. The search bar is your friend, and there are loads of people here that are willing to help, myself included!

6 Likes

I use @mgucci molds which kick ass imo. I pour and scrape. I laid tile for almost 20 years and if anyone has ever grouted tile, its basically the same process. Scrape at a 45 degree angle gently, but not too soft. Only pull it once or twice and the molds should be filled and cut off at mold height. I pour mine out into the mold at 125F and work as fast as possible. Ive used this sop provided by @MillerliteRN and added to it slightly for my needs. It works fabulously. Sure there are many different ways. For prices i get at bulk, if it aint broke dont fuck wiff it. Statements only apply to gummies not women.

8 Likes

The above SOP want scrape at scale. It’s not meant to scrape at scale, its meant to be a DIY quick microwaveable recipe/sop. And it has served its purpose for us for years. This recipe/SOP is not meant to compete on store shelves. Although if done right it could. I’ve come across some fairly shitty gummies. I still use this SOP but only when my wife asks for her gummies. To be honest we don’t even package 100% gelatin gummies anymore.
Our SOP is very unique, I’m comfortable giving the ingredients list and in the correct order.

Sugar
Water
Gelatin
Starch
Citric Acid
Pectin
Loranns flavoring

MCT and extract (placement depends on amt of mg of extract)

Nothing has been left out.

FYI…We pour at 240-250 F and if you don’t do it correctly (your SOP is off) you will get very dark gummies…and that’s if you’re very lucky… lol

It takes us 100 minutes to cook and mold 6K gummies. We can mold 6k every 40 min after that. We do have a bottle neck, that’s getting fixed with new molds.

CUSTOM MOLDS AT AFFORDABLE PRICES!!! LOL

5 Likes

Whats the easiest way to measure gummy pH? Im sure I saw a post somewhere I just cant find the exact link with search.

All the guides say to measure at 20-25c, and the gummy mix is basically solid at that temp.

The disolving in water method is acccurate?

1 Like

Welcome!! There’s so much to learn and so many good people to help you get there.

2 Likes

Interested in molds and your sops

1 Like

The pectin SOP is ready for release, we are scraping 6,000 a batch. And bagging them the next day. I plan to make a thread within a few days offering the SOPs officially. DM me if you want samples now.

3 Likes

Does your pectin recipe only use pectin or is it the one with gelatin in it youre talking about a few post above?