Gummy recipe and SOP inside

Lol… yes … lookup guitar cutting

U beat me 2 it

3 Likes

We can out preform this system…

2 Likes

Are you willing to elaborate your new method for us ? I’m trying to get a ingredient list together with weights and I saw quite some posts back that you mentioned how the pure gelatin ones didn’t need to sit for that long to set before they were ready for packaging ? Just really trying to get the exact liquid and gelatin ratios as I’m sure adjusting things like flavoring from there is all preference based. The huge thing I’m trying to avoid is the dreaded molded gummies. I got a few big buyers on the hook to pick up large quantities and really wanna wanna make this work! Thanks man for all your wisdom on this thread :pray:

When you say you use different corn syrup ext. Are you meaning different brand or different amounts compared to the original sop?

Another variable is different grade of corn syrup (36/43, 42/43, 63/43)

8 Likes

Then you probably ought wrap your head around “insufficient osmoticum”…

or “water activity”

and food preservation in general…

Why does salting meat work?
How about vinegar?

2 Likes

7 Likes

This is not exactly how we do this now, but it’s a good representation. All the batter gets poured out at one time now.

15 Likes

Thanks to this thread we successfully went into pour and scrape :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Cube molds killing it :rocket:

1 Like

Nice!
If you ever get THE tags… AKA “halos”… This is one of three solutions…

2 Likes

Any advice to avoid the skinning possibly? Getting it a slight amount on my molds and tryna figure out if mabe it’s temperature dependant or recipe…I currently pour between 155 and 165.

3 Likes

When you say skinning do you mean you’re getting a texturally different layer on top of your gummy? Or are your gummies developing a crusty exterior layer after demolding? If its the prior, you need to have better control over your drying conditions, especially humidity. If its the latter, same answer just substitute curing for drying. Exterior texture is dependent on environmental conditions. I’ve had good luck using a small walk-in or fridge coupled with a hygrometer/dehum that talk to a simple PLC.

1 Like

That’s an ok temp… if your pouring 400 gummies…if your pouring 4000 gummies your going to need it a little hotter…if your getting tags and pouring less than 400… it’s your recipe OR you are RESCRAPING over a cooled off mat.

2 Likes

Actually neither!the texture is ok but I’m getting a very thin film on the surface of the mold between each cavity interconnecting each gummy, Making it much harder to demold then needed.

Thanks man ! Ok cool yeah I’m only doing one mold at a time for right now until I get things down( with bold maker 432 cavity mold)…what in the recipe would tend to make the halos between each gummy? Would that be dependant on gelatin percentage ie. too much or too little? I’m using 8 percent by total weight right now which seems to be pretty good area to be in. Really sucks having one giant interconnected series of gummies hahaha! Do you heat your molds or have a heated table for them? Ill have to try the heated molds. I noticed that no matter how hard I seemed to press down on the scraper when scraping it just never seemed to totally cleanly get that thin layer off…when you say rescraping do you mean just simply going back over the same surface you originally scraped over, like say if I’m working the badder into the different parts of the mold and I rescrape over a certain surface to distribute the badder better?

Can be helpful to scrape with a denser mold that has greater “counter pressure.” The firmness of the mold pushes back against the scraper vs displacing and yields a cleaner swipe.

4 Likes

You may already be doing this but also effective to heat your molds prior to gridding - just make sure they’re heat resistant. You can even go as far as fixing silicone heat pads to the underside of your stainless steel table (warm not hot - be careful). None of these measures are necessary to get a clean flood, but can have an accumulated benefit.

4 Likes

Thanks man!! Yeah I was eyeing your molds unsure of how they compare to bold makers molds for counter pressure …it’s gotta be something I’m doing because these bold makers are platinum cured silicone and super thick.

2 Likes

Shoot me a DM if you’d like. Happy to troubleshoot.

That goes for anyone who needs it.

2 Likes