Gummy filling machines lets go

Whats the max out put of the Truffly made 6L per 8 hour shift? Our kitchen is supposed to be operational in two weeks and I am trying to manage expectations. The goal set forth is 50k in 8 hours, 5 days a week. I am giving myself 3 weeks to dial it in and worst case scenario, work more hours if the 50k isn’t attainable in a true 8 hour day.

idk how realistic that is with that equipment. I think we get ~ half that.

1 Like

How long have you been at it? How many wooks/personnel are you using to achieve that 25k? I usually get damn near unattainable goals and just have to figure it out or just put in the hours. I am running out of hours to put in, so I am looking at plan double b+ right now.

We aren’t going balls to the wall, so if you’re whipping your wooks you might be able to. I’m just saying it’s not necessarily going to be easy.

2 Likes

I go by the English rule of thumb. Whippings are mandatory round here.

1 Like

I dunno man, you might seriously consider the pour n scrape method. We can fit ~3k gummies in a pot, you would just need to cook ~17 pots worth of gummies which for us generally takes ~1hr per pot depending on recipe.

1 Like

This can be done once you find your groove. But that’s quite a bit for that machine. I’d say that’s getting close to the maximum output. You’d need some competent and somewhat skilled, hardworking people.

Your bottle neck is gonna be packaging them.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback. I keep my head in the clouds, but also like to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground. If maxing is 50k, I at least have a bar I’ll try to reach. I am going to tell the owners I am shooting for 25k to start and scale up with experience and sweat equity.

Seriously, thanks for the input.

1 Like

Don’t blame you at all. That happens all the time. Companies advertise “100,000,000 units an hour!” all the time. Owners hear that and then really expect it. When a realistic output is like half of what is advertised.

25,000 gummies a shift is very doable. We do it all the time.

2 Likes

We usually see 50% of advertised with the equipment we’ve bought in the past. I didn’t really have a number, so you guys input is at least giving me a baseline.

How about scraping a mogul? :exploding_head:

1 Like

I noticed your build out…Nice… too many hot plates… IMO…

Have you reached your goals, of 50K in 8 hours?

Edit… I’d be happy to help you cut that time in half… with smoke breaks

1 Like

meaning?

To much product lost this way…

If you dont have your recipe dialed in or your using the wrong molds, yes…

The only waste we have , is the film in the cook pot.

We are knocking out around 20-30k a day right now with a skeleton crew. I’ll post up some new pictures next week or so.

2 Likes

are you still using the same recipe? or since you are doing pour and scrape has anything changed?

Literally, the only thing in common is the water…

Different: bloom strengths, SOP, tools and Different everything … lol

XD buy the magic printer I text you about!!! @MillerliteRN

1 Like