Gummies too chewy any advice?

I’m using the main gummy recipe and I love it. But some people are saying the gummies are too chewy/rubbery

I’m curing them for 3 days total after sugaring right out of the moulds (usually resugaring after 24 hours)

Could I let them cure for less time? Or use more water/less gelatin?

Thanks!

I tend to cure for 3 days with more moist brands when melting down gummies like Albanese. Like you said, cutting back on curing or a dash more water in your recipe from scratch may solve your issue.

What “main gummy recipe” are you using?

The one from killa. With 750+ comments or so (sorry don’t know how to link!)

3 Likes

What bloom gelatine you using?? If not high bloom. Then your gonna have chewy gummies

And my gummy recipe is like haribo gummies which are some of the harder gummies out there

6 Likes

I’m using 250

1 Like

and when you say chewy… your refering to “too soft” or “too hard”

Like when someone says a steak is chewy… it think its like eating beef jerky

1 Like

Sorry should have clarified. Too hard. I love em that way but people are saying they’re too hard to chew

lower the bloom… I like haribo gummies which is why i tried to get a copy…

2 Likes

maybe find 200 bloom or mix some knox which i think is 150 bloom with the 250 1:1. and slowly work from there…

4 Likes

Awesome thank you so much!

Won’t have any issue with stability with a lower bloom?

No. The bloom just makes it harder. I like day or 2 old haribo which is like eating hard rubber. I don’t make my gummies to sell. Just to eat. I make them for my taste.

5 Likes

To chewy that’s the only gummies I like seriously I usually pick them up and I open the package and I leave them in my drawer for a couple of days until they get like hard and chew it I’m thinking Chuy’s more stable They don’t melt as much

2 Likes

my advice is make them stronger so people dont need to eat as many. I dont get why people want some kind of perfect tasting candy, its not food., you dont need to eat alot. its not like shrooms that taste horrible, just eat the gummy.

4 Likes

Back of on curing time. I’m in 50/60% humidity with roughly 75+ temps & dry for 30/36 hours. All good never had a problem with shelf stability. I do not “wash” mine in sugar. No need too. YMMV

2 Likes

so at that point you package them sealed? I havent really used packaging but im gonna have to learn that. I store mine in corn starch because I dont care if they get dryer.

Yeah I skip corn starch & straight to seal.