Gummies: add straight distillate heated up or does it need to be cut with something?

I personally tried the recipe on smaller scale. Used starburst jello instead of jolly rancher.

Gummies came out absolutely perfect on the first batch, super soft and taste really good. Not sure about any commercial application of this recipe, but I can confirm it personally worked for me.

1 Like

Yeah, needless to say I didn’t want to put my name behind this product… still lurking for a legit gummy SOP. Right now I’m stuck drip dosing store candies, that’s what the people want in my market.

Working on figuring out a better way to melt albanese and remold them into cubes, without sugar sanding. Or making nerds ropes…

The coating is gonna be the key thanks @NewLevelProcess for that info drop! Are Capol products available to the general public? It appears they are B2B, wholesale.

2 Likes

Their MOQs are pretty high for someone small scale but the stuff is cheap enough that it may not be a concern.

1 Like

No seriously, who dilutes their distillate before mixing it in to your candy?

What do you use for a diluent?

Ethanol vanishes, and is certainly a solution I’ve used.

For those that DON’T dilute first, how is your homogeneity? Have you had it explicitly tested?

1 Like

I’ve only used ethanol as a diluent for edibles, and yes, by the end of the process it vanishes.

2 Likes

No sir they are bulk and b2b as stated

Yeah the old heat and mix with a spoon never made me confident in homogeneity (is that a word?)

For almost everything I do it’s either getting dissolved in mct, etOH, or lecithin

3 Likes

We couldn’t pass a 10% potency window in metrc when we would add straight disty into the batch of gummies, in CA the limit for ethanol in an eatable is 5000 ppm which is insanely high and easy to test under

Thank you.

So to be clear.

In order to increase your homogeneity, you first diluted your distillate in ethanol? AND you had zero issues with residual solvent testing.

No, I’m not dense, nor feigning so, just making sure your meaning is not lost on either OP or others looking for the same information.

1 Like

Correct

Elefante couldn’t pass metrc testing on the CA market without using ethanol to dilute the cannabinoids in to to get a better mix

They do this with all there gummies, even the ones that just won emerald cup for best gummy (it was a rosin gummy)

1 Like

it’s not a solvent, it’s an ingredient

2 Likes

Whats funny is all ethanol even food grade has some acetone and isopropyl in it

You didn’t hear that from me though

Even the metrc tests showed it and they passed

I purchased my gummy sop from @ZizzleB

If you value your time like I do, purchasing from a reputable source is an awesome way to start.

1 Like

I’ve posted this before

This is the sop I used to create my own recipe

I like pacific pectin, I know someone above said apple pectin isn’t good for gummies, I’ve had nothing but great success with pacific pectins pectin and everyone I’ve turned on to it seems like they like it better then what they were using previously

3 Likes

It works well, just kicks too fast

You’re cooking too much water out then

That or your PH is too low, try using a little less acid

In my experience each flavor changed the pH of the solution so you kinda have to have custom formulations for each flavor. I know on any kind of citrus flavor i use 10% less acid

2 Likes

I only cook to 223f(~78 brix)

I just ordered a mettler Toledo easyfive so I can measure pH properly

I cook to 210 MAX

Youre definetly cooking out too much water

I let my gummies dry a while which is why I can leave more water in them

3 Likes

I’ll try it out. Anything over 60 brix should work in theory

1 Like

I agree with you. I broke the ingredients down to make just 1 large jello box at a time and it’s a very good starting point.

1 Like