Growing Plants? Sticky, Greasy or Sandy

Looking for info on proven genetics and seed hunt phenos for hash production.

The method, go to a plant at week 7 - 9 (anyone with plants at this point I urge you to please start this off with some data :pray::pray:) Rub your fingers on a close sugar leave then rub your fingers together.

Please specify the strain and if it feels greasy, sticky or sandy when you rub a sugar leaf between your fingers then rub your fingers together.

The mentality is we can use this to determine if a strain is worthwhile for hash production. Anyone with flower at the right time, especially La Familia give it a go and lmk what you feel.

Thanks!

8 Likes

White truffle sticky af!

6 Likes

We’re not really after sticky

3 Likes

The goal is sandy like when it rolls onto itself?

3 Likes

I’ve found sticky far better than greasy.
Sandy has been the best. Grease scares me and there is a lot of it.

6 Likes

Sandy yes!

It just means the heads are durable and will snap off the stalk and not bust leaving grease or stickiness on your fingers.

We want to press the heads with heated plates …not our hands…and collect that shit.

7 Likes

Rosin manufacturers have been requesting sandy strains. The boss has a few wild cards he’s crossing, hopefully they will work out.

6 Likes

So is the idea here to community source a compiled list of strains that can be sorted by feel (greasy, sticky or sandy)? Anyone know if other extraction processes could benefit from this knowledge?

2 Likes

We can continue building upon lists of cultivar previously identified as high yielding with water washing

Limitations and variables in this include phenos, environment, cultivation practices and processing (processing = harvest/trimming not extraction) SOPS

3 Likes

Lights play a role. I remember bud grown under metal halide that was especially sandy.

6 Likes

I noticed our CMH produced sticky, sandy trichomes vs the LEDs which produced dry, sandy heads.

I wonder if temp, humidity and infrared light play a role?

9 Likes

There’s definitely a sandy one or two in the mix. I haven’t really paid attention to the sandy ones as they don’t jack up the trimmer the way the sticky does.

1 Like

I just grew a Inhouse Genetics frosted apricots that was pumice.

4 Likes

Trimmer as in trim machine?

1 Like

I had 8 fems of the same strain in a 5x5 under the same light. I had all three types of resin mentioned in the same run. Pretty conclusive to me that it’s pheno dependent. Atleast with f1 hybrids

2 Likes

Yes sir

IME not to be used for hash material

3 Likes

Agreed. That all becomes disty, but it’s not a bad way to gauge what we’re talking about as far as sandy, sticky, greasy

1 Like

Heard

1 Like