Growing for water hash

I’m interested in knowing if the technics for growing for hash are different than growing for top shelf dispensary bud… I know that a big part is strains and trichome detachability. What are your opinions??

1 Like

Well the best part is you dont need to prune or trim . Just hang the full plants to dry then shuck the buds/leaf off the stalk. As for strain selection, thats up to you and what you have access to.

1 Like

Ya thats a big selling point to the growers lol.

1 Like

Regarding water hash: Mold and mildew reduction / elimination is everything. Water hash will magnify mistakes for growers in terms of humidity, so in many cases (indoors) pruning is a MUST.

Water hash can be summed up as Garbage In / Garbage Out.

2 Likes

So I did a run of hash yesterday . With a 220, 90 and 70 micron bag setup. The 90 micron pulled a much darker coloured pile of trichromes. Maybe 20% of the total yield. The 70 bag was very white/blond . I used a KG of CBG flower/leaf. Will get the 2 different grades testes next week . Also will try a couple hrs exposure to a UVB bulb. The first round I did with 70 micron came in a 0.53% total THC . Lets see if the 90 bag caught some of the THC …and if the UVB bulb that has been suggested on Future 4200 makes a difference.

4 Likes

What’s the purpose of the uvb bulb after the extraction?

3 Likes

My guess would be to try to convert some of the thc to make it compliant

1 Like

PROTIP: Use your hash water to water your plants for hash.

9 Likes

Have you tried measuring the trichome heads and seeing which bag they should be in?

Yes to try to “nuke” the THC from 0.53% to 0.3% haha fingers crossed.

Might as well just use sunlight. Do NOT use uvc. Wrong uv

2 Likes

:thinking:You got me interested.

Apparently the big heads with thin stalks break of easy

There are several different types of trichomes. There is a link somewhere on this site about it, I would recommend reading that. If you already know how to grow well your skills will transfer. The strain is the most important piece of hash making. Some strains simply will not dump in water hash, Tangie is one of them. Best way to get started quickly is to get a cut from someone you trust that can verify the wash %. 3-4% hash return is what you’re looking for from the bud to make it worth it.

The second way to find a good strain is to buy seeds from a company that makes hashy strains. Pop 20 seeds from the packs, flower the females and pick the best washers. GMO crosses have a high chance of producing a dumper if you start from seeds.

1 Like

I actually did use sunlight on Mason jars full of etoh extract before I stumbled upon this awesome and glorious (no more fluffing, lol) forum. It worked at ridding some green. But word is, a slight loss in potency. How much? Not sure and havent really read about a consensus on how much. I have a pic, but its gonna take me a while to find it.

2 Likes

UV exposure turns it from green to red/brown. I’ve had mixed results with UV exposure in Etoh.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Ok so finished my cbg hash experiment. Best score was nearly 50% cbga pretty neat…tried nuking with uvb bulb but didnt get a noticable difference in 4 hrs of exposure. With a 220 and 70 mic bags setup …the 90 bag sample i sent was only 30% cbga and managed to come out compliant…0.15%thc I assume its just the more plant debris that made it less potent and therefore compliant. Pretty neat anyways…

1 Like

Thank you @JimiJack. Still no cbd or cbg waterhash compliant strains yet…must. Keep. Searching…

1 Like

wouldn’t that fall into the margin of error?