Grow space for personal

I’m tempted to make my office my grow lol. If I got crazy with odor control I probably could.

2 Likes

Carbon filter, have a coffee brewer on every hour during business hours, have the exhaust lead to the attic or outside idk lol

Personally odor control isnt a worry on my end even for outdoors

Yes I used an exterior aluminum door since they seal well. Like other said make sure your insulation and vapor barrier is on point.
I agree with Tom about 4 lights, but if your only do 2 lights a room is still so much better then a tent.

4 Likes

For anything for 5’s and below it’s doable. You definitely have to use the floor space and something like a bucket to sit on for 7/10/15’s.

5 Likes

I put together some six foot tall wire rack shelves with two 2x4 foot shelves, one at the very bottom, and one at the top. Added casters and used big concrete mixing trays to hold like six or eight gallon pots each, or two seven gallon pots. Attach the lights to the top, really only works height wise for led though.

When you park multiple units next to each other, you get nice overlap of light, yet still easy to move around. Also gives lots of options for support and tie down points.

2 Likes

Like this? I had the trays set up for ebb and flow at one point too.

6 Likes

Using two 1k hps lights in a small room, I like to start them with one light above until stretch is almost done. Then I hang the other light with the reflector oriented vertically and throwing the light at the side of the plants. The farther away multiple point sources of light are, the more benefit.

1 Like

I remember you mentioned this before, what’s about light leaks? Is the panda film overlapping a bunch?

Also, that’s a neat idea, nice quick a mobile setup.

Same to you @SolventDirect_BigM! Aytime I can make something that rolls around I’m all for it lol.

@Autumn_Ridge_Hemp, I’m using leds, go with what ya know, ya know?

I just tested all my shitty little amazon panels and almost all of them lit up, but I’ll probably end up getting a different fixtures anyhow, nows the time to upgrade I suppose.

1 Like

Sell that dehu and buy an LED

5 Likes

Looks nice! Pretty similar to that, without the panda film, so when parked next to each other side by side I can take advantage of lighting overlap. Helps with more even coverage and better penetration by having light coming from multiple angles. Reflective material is on the room walls instead of the carts.

I’ve got eight of these that I’ve been waiting to set up for a bit. Going to put two each on a 320 watt driver and run em light at about 150 watts a piece for around 1200 watts total. We’ll see how they light an 8x8 at 37.5 watts/sq ft. Decided on these over regular QB’s because they should offer more penetration.
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/quantum-boards/products/qb96-elite-v2-quantum-board-engine

2 Likes

You use LED’s in your facility?

2 Likes

Not yet, we soon will. We have 3 new 20 light flower rooms coming online in the next 6 months and a equally large veg.

I bought 2 gavita 1930’s for my room at home awhile back and then just bought 3 more to convert the existing hps.

4 Likes

They are just for veg. As long as they get 18-24 hours of light, light leaks aren’t an issue. I can roll these into my sealed flower room and plug them in easily too.

My cheap Barrina LED fixtures hit 4-550 ppfd with the light meter, so it is perfect for veg. If I want to keep it ~300 for the cloners, I just raise the fixtures.

2 Likes

All this talk made me realize how dinky my setup was lol.

I had 2 2x4’s, a 3x3, and a little 2x2 tent.

3 Likes

It’s nice to have a room & not be camping

6 Likes

@FicklePickle hahaha took the words right from me @Curious_Roberto was just going to recommend going with a good 8bar LED to limit strain on your already small power service. Several good brands out there and the canopy management they allow for will make good use of your limited space.

4 Likes

Just got my 1930’s in last night. Room is struggling to maintain temps now. My 3 ton AC is way to big for the job. Going home to stay in my garden for a few hrs so I can baby the piss outta it. Maybe it’s just the sensors in the wrong area. Idk :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Led is the way to go nowadays

7 Likes

Does anyone like anything better than the gavita?

Supposedly my buddy found the Chinese
Mfg for the growers choice led for the low

Maybe I’ll sell some here

3 Likes

Those are sexy!

Also, that dehu is making its way around my block still lol, I’m floored how many people didn’t realize they need to dry their basements out…

Those bars your using are definitely appealing to me @Extractionguy

I will say, graduating from tents to actual rooms will take some learning lol.

I had a nice little schedule going where I pulled a tent a month, but a bigger grow will alter that I imagine.

5 Likes