Grow More Food

Well, that’s what I get I guess. I didn’t mean to derail you thumper.

it was just responding to something else, i have no issues. if we fish together and you tangle my line i dont give a fuck unless i have a fish on

1 Like

Salmon almost year round! Got a nice fishing hole on the Willapa which makes up the back property line at the house I’m building

3 Likes

i dont know what you do but if you had a youtube id bet you could make millions off it,

1 Like

Nah, I don’t sell beef anymore. We eat it, give it to friends and family, and host free BBQs for GLG events and local get togethers :call_me_hand:t3:

5 Likes

have you seen demolitionranch he started on youtube posting him doing surgery on dogs and transitioned into youtuber with a gun and a mansion, What happens to a LIVE Grenade in a Microwave?!?! - YouTube

1 Like

Nearest usda processor to me is a 3 hour drive and about a one year wait to slaughter a cow for legal resale.

You can always legally do shares without a usda processor!

My butcher is 1.5 hours away, and they are USDA certified… However, the animal has to be slaughtered in their yard, and I pay $2/lb more if the package says USDA certified.

The same butcher will take my quartered animal and process it “not for resale” for $1/lb.

They are 18 months lead time right now…

6 Likes

Mo chicken

Next round got here the other day.

The lone black chick was the “freebie” lol

12 Likes

You ordered from mc Murry, the free chick is always a rooster.
Check out metzer for your next order

4 Likes

My girls free one this year a Egyptian Fayoumis rooster, they have 2 hens already so they are trying to keep a third rooster around.

5 Likes

So quick with the right tools…

9 Likes

How much money do you have into those birds thus far and how much meat is there? Trying to convince my wife to let me do this.

6 Likes

Let me get with my wife in the morning and add it all up.

We did 50 chickens and let the smallest ones get to 7lbs pre slaughter (bigger ones were around 8-8.5)

2 Likes

7lbs cleaned?

1 Like

That’s pre cleaning. After cleaning they are around 5 on average. I will weigh a carcass tomorrow and get a total of edible meat weight for you

4 Likes

Thanks bro Montana

2 Likes

My girls average about $4 a bird. They get the food for 450 a ton delivered.
Every 1 lb of food transforms to 1/2 lb of meat

6 Likes

So that the price of the chick and food costs?

1 Like

That depends on your suppliers. I opened a commercial account and have a auger truck deliver 3 tons at a time.
Most organic food is $30 for a 50lb sack

5 Likes