GRM TEK Color, Pesticide, Oxide and Lipid Remediation BHO/HHO/EHO

Got a small percentage (around 1%) of D-8 in just about every batch using these medias. Tests were anywhere from 75 to high 80s first pass. My goal was to get up to 90 percent first pass but still coming in just under the mark. I was able to get the highest purity using hexane as my primary solvent.

3 Likes

The pvpp actually physically swells as it adsorbs and will create a clog.

3 Likes

I work with a CO2 extraction, I don’t have an inline setup our crude is collected and then mixed with EtOH we currently carbon wash but I want to find better filtration for color and pesticides. I extract cold but still get a fair bit of lipids do you think it best to winterize and lipid filter before running through the fine filtering?

1 Like

Hey man I am sorry I have a crazy busy week with work and school, I do want to talk to you about some questions. Maybe if you are free monday I am able to talk about 1230-1p central time I am not sure what time that is for you. I have some questions about where you get your reagents and if you have any advise for low potency distillate. Thank you again for the assistance and I apologise for being hard to schedule time.

1 Like

Absolutely! I believe you already have my number so just ring me up on monday I’m happy to help any way I can!

3 Likes

Another amazing discovery :pray:t4::call_me_hand:t4:

It’s because of this

Weak Lewis acids make MOSTLY d9 with a little d8

Strong Lewis acids made d9 with little d9

Not sure why your friend would assume and acid would made cbn when cbn is made by pulling protons, not adding them

2 Likes

Are magnesol and activated mag sil the same? I see magnesol is synthetic, but not sure what the difference is.

No magnesol is not activated
Magsil or Florisil are activated
At 625C
Magnesol can not be reused magsil and florisil can supposedly but i never tryied

5 Likes

Thanks for the clarification!

3 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you for such a clear and thought out explanation of your technique. I am stoked to try packing my media in line. What a Time saver, as well!

2 Likes

I have yet to try magsil, but from my experience, magnesol decimates yields. I tried it twice with heptane and seriously regretted it.

1 Like

I tried magnesol once too, I threw it out after that, it robbed me hard as well haha. I’m curious how different magsil behaves.

I’m getting decent results with just b80, but nothing like all the water clear stuff everyone is posting.

6 Likes

Magsil is one of the greatest powders
But $$$$ so make a narrow column instead of wide to achieve best results
A 1/2 inch is about minimum cake thickness
It likes terps so I prefure using it with distillate

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

I picked a little bit up to play with. When I try it out I’ll keep that in mind!

Did you try washing the magnesol with an alcohol afterwards?

1 Like

I can hook you up with mag-sil for $15/kg but takes two weeks shipping. If you use a lot I’ve seen my supplier as low as $7/kg. Acid activated and the right mesh.

6 Likes

I’d be curious to try some as well.

Did you guys test for losses in process?

Ethanol the first time, ethyl acetate the second. I was able to pull about 30% of what I suspected it to be holding onto out with both solvents, but it really seemed to like holding onto the goodies despite using those polar solvents.