Grinding 1/2-1lb of material

Nope, just found it on Amazon a few mins before I posted, But it should work decent. if you have the ability to test it, I would appreciate it.

I use a stainless pot with a metal paint mixer on a drill . Grinds up 2 lbs in about 1 minute. Had @Ion show me this one.

7 Likes

Thats a damn good idea

1 Like

I used a paint mixer bit to grind my last seed crop, 250 pounds or so.

1 Like

Does this only work on frozen bud?

1 Like

Heck no, it shreds thru dry material like nobodies business!

1 Like

shit for those bucket tek extraction guys that couldn’t be easier.

I was always too afraid it would fling biomass everywhere

1 Like

You get the feel for it pretty quick . Luckily never had anything go flying. I’m able to do about 4lbs in my SS pot

Yeah heres ur easiest fastest way
…cram ur material in vac seal bag
…start pulling the air out but seal it before it touches bud…now bury that in dry ice cooler for 2-+ hrs. Take it out poke hole in the bag and hand crunch it or stepp on it a few times…there u go

I then pour it onto stack of construction paper and use that to funnel it into the column. Its the fastest way…I pack it every so many pours

2 Likes

Toro leaf blower/vac. The red one, it has a metal blade. U can go threw 1000s of lbs or just a few

Grinding before dry ice freezing release chlorophyll and other waxs and lipids

Dry ice freeze first it’ll bust like dried bud

2 Likes

How do you manage the dust coming off that?
I did it before, but my god dusty as hell!!

It’s variable speed. But ya grinding is a dirty job. 1,000s of lbs a day is a insane amount of dust

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks! This should be in the Tricks of the trade thread

2 Likes

Came across this method somewhere here before.

The dust that the leaf shredder made wasn’t expected at all, it was spewing out of the built in collection tote.

Sealing the collection tote (thanks @MonsterInc), which I’ve yet to do is key to this method

2 Likes

A Mulcher is fast. But they can be a real mess and pain in the ass until set up right. If you’re trying to grind 50lbs in 10 to 15min then grab a mulcher. But for a lb or less get yourself some 3/8 steel screens(like chicken wire but with the square holes) grab a 1x1 or 2x2 and a tote to use as your collection. Take your 1x1 and make yourself a frame to fit your tote. Then cut your screen material to fit your frame and screw or nail or staple it on. Then grade through the screen. Did this for years. Works great

1 Like

Two totes…and a screen.

Based on @graywolf’s nug buster

Pour weed in, massage it through the screen into the second tote. Repeat.

Doesn’t rip through it the way a torro will, but doesn’t create fines in the same way either

Edit: and @Curious_Roberto posted the original nug buster upthread.

4 Likes

Not my work, and didn’t get pictures of the inside, but trust me, it works better than a weed wacker in a trash can…

2 Likes

Hee, hee, hee, good job! The fish trap exists only because of the fish and fish is to expose the trichomes to both solvent and flow to remove boundary layers, without exposing any more ruptured cells to the LPG than necessary, so as to extract their contents.

1 Like

For the seed crop I processed, I glued a piece of aluminum insect screen to the bottom of a cut out 5 gallon bucket. Tossing the material first in the bucket removes a lot of dust. I went through a few different screening ideas, but bouncing the material in that screen bucket worked the best.