Grey mold

What is the best remedy for gray mold in a greenhouse? the plants are still immature and I have already seen the beginning of the mold.

1 Like

Sulfur burn asap

Burn for 3-4 hrs

2 Likes

how to dose?

Cutting your losses. Cut the nug sites you have and then get a monster dehum in there ASAP and keep humidity as low as you can.

Edited because I didn’t pay attention to how far along you are

5 Likes

infected places are already planted but the end is still far away, so I am asking about plant protection products

1 Like

I haven’t been in your position with grey mold but with pm I treat with a high ph solution, something heavy in silica and neem oil, giving me a high ph around 10.0 and then foliar feeding.

@Demontrich does this work with grey mold?

2 Likes

He is going to need a big dehumidifier as the green house is 1.5 miles long.

11 Likes

He’s fucked

Sorry @CBD.CBG.FARMER

7 Likes

Folair spray with wettable powdered micronized sulfur. 3 grams per gallon of tap water. Do this at lights out, preferably 3hrs before they come on.

Up your air flow, alot. Those girls should be dancing/moving 24/7. Not hurricane moving, but a slight dance is good. Plus it strengthens the stalks.

8 Likes

spray combo of trichoderma , bactilus subtilus and bactilus thungalis at the end of the day so it has time to dry on there. Also reduce watering and only water in am not end of day. And mega airflow…

1 Like

I have a burner but never used it. I read a lot of horror stories about people killing their plants. Are you supposed to run it in the dark and then vent that air before the lights come on? How long does the room stink of sulphur afterward?

If the material is going to be extracted, please do not use sulfur. It will come out in the extract, and whoever you have doing it will likely never extract for you again and probably spread the word, as well. You may not smell it on the plants after using a burner, but you will smell it in the extract, guaranteed.

10 Likes

Dunno
Never used a burner.

1 Like

If anyone needs small amounts of the above wettable powder, shoot me a dm. I always buy in bulk, and it collects dust.

This is so true. I’d rather sit in your grow room with the Sulphur burner running than extract and distill your stuff afterward.

3 Likes

Thankfully the smell can be remediated, so I don’t want the OP to think it’s completely beyond salvaging if sulfur is burned in the room. If that is the route you choose to go, @Autumn_Ridge_Hemp, please just be upfront with anyone extracting it before they figure it out on their own and know that it may be more difficult/expensive to get processed (providing you aren’tdoing that yourself).

2 Likes

Yeah, but like you said, extractor needs to know ahead of time, otherwise they find out during distillation

3 Likes

Or post distillation when test results are next to nothing

2 Likes

Came here to say the same thing. I lost a huge amount of product a few years ago. I ran like 100lbs of a growers material that had a sulphur burner in the room. The sulphur then contaminated my tank and I ran another 100-200lbs of other growers material before we noticed all the extract tasted like shit. It was not a good month having to explain to customers why the oil tasted like shit and refunding them and the growers material we ran. It was a big loss. Close to 100k

4 Likes

I don’t want to like your comment because this absolutely sucks, but I think anyone who’s been growing or extracting long enough feels your pain.

I find that losing your ass (financially) a time or two is a right of passage. At this point though, I’m done with that shit…:joy:

3 Likes