Grey mold

Lol for real. It’s actually happened a few other times but ever since the first time if I’m working with a new grower I only do one 2lb column and then try it to make sure there’s nothing weird with it. I’m not making that mistake again. After the first big debacle we even put up an IG post explaining to our followers that if you got wax from us and it tasted weird and left a weird smell in the air after the dab we’d replace it. It was hard but we did get a TON of positive feedback from it for owning up to the mistake and being transparent about it.

3 Likes

How far along in flower are the plants? With Botrytis your best bet is to remove all affected colas, and dont be shy either you want to make sure you remove everything thats infected. Afterwards do everything you can to increase airflow and decrease crowding; if you’re not too far along in flower dont be afraid to prune your plants some to allow for better airflow through the canopy. Until you start nearing harvest, you can treat with biologicals like Bacillus Subtillus, Ulocladium, and other biological fungicides that are labeled for Botrytis. As you get closer to flower you should switch to something like Zerotol 2.0 which is just a hydrogen peroxide product. Keep up on your scouting, removing any infection that you see early before its able to spread. Burning sulfur is effective but also pretty damaging on the flowers if they’ve started to develop.

1 Like