Green House Material Is The Best For Live Extraction. True or False? 🙄

Green House Material is the best for live extraction. True or false? Tell us why…

I don’t think that’s a true or false statement. All depends on the quality of the greenhouse bio. Could be fire, could be dog shit.

My thought is, does it have a good nose on the fresh material prior to harvest? Is the harvest and freezing being done correct?

As long as those 2 answers are yes, I don’t see why the extract wouldn’t be top notch.

11 Likes

Rumour has it that… apparently being outdoors/colder temps not only stresses it but the plant fends off bugs. All in all the plant puts off more terpenes :man_shrugging:

Tryna spark a discussion :popcorn:

3 Likes

I’m trying to take part in that discussion. I don’t believe outdoor strains to have more terpenes, solely because they we’re grown outside.

I could see different terpenes coming from growing outside and I could also see different terpenes coming from a well controlled indoor space… how much would one be more than the other? Idk

Interested to see what our greenhouse guys have to say about that?

@asher?

5 Likes

:thinking: me too…

Based on a past experience of mine with our outdoor ladies… in a previous year…
Strains: gg4, krazy glue, pink anxiety, gcg & MAC
I couldnt get any of them to stabilize. Mater of fact! They were the terpiest slabs i ever poured. Ended up being the stinkiest gooiest stuff i ever seen.
This goes back to a couple years ago before i knew much. Wish i had turned them into a sauce

Im excited for the end of the season to try out my current round
Strains: sunset sherbet, MAC, black garlic, chemfire & cookies n cream

5 Likes

Love hearing that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right! So lets hear it Boyz! Full send :rofl:

1 Like

I have grown in rooms that were going down to -3c in the dark period. I thought the smell and flavour was more intense because of the cold, i thought it was because the terps are not being evaporated as they normally would throughout the grow at 18c / 28c.
Whereas normally you would open the grow room door and smell the plants a little, in the cold rooms, you would smell nothing. Also the cold plants irrelevant of strain would always finish with red hues in the leaves.

3 Likes

I ran some G house cherry cordial, killer grape, vortex, queen annes revenge for a friend a while back, all grown in super soil 200gal pots finished with rock resonator under a similar program to jay plant speakers. That shit can dump just as much as great indoor if not better. Plus you can’t beat a outdoor plants growth, dude had colas that were 2+lbs

1 Like

Throwing up a piece of poly doesn’t do much for climate control other than make it warmer inside on sunny days. 6 mil poly has an r value of .6, so it is about impossible to heat on cold nights. The nighttime temps inside quickly fall to the same as outside.

And not many people know this, but in certain weather conditions the temperature inside a poly house can drop 5 to 7 degrees below the outside at night due to the evaporative cooling effect of atmospheric radiation. Cornell published a study documenting it.

5 Likes

Fire in, fire out. The quality of one’s extraction is largely based on the quality of one’s biomass coupled with the quality of one’s process. If these statements are true, then indoor, as it has been my experience, will always produce a higher quality extract when comparing the same strain grown in both settings.

You’ll never truly get A-grade top shelf from outdoor or even light dep. One can achieve B+ to A- if one is truly talented, but getting that A or A+, not happening.

I’m not saying that amazing extracts aren’t produced from cannabis grown outside of a closed building; I’m only saying that if you want to make the best, you have to have the best input. That means, by logical reasoning, that the only answer to your question is: false. Greenhouse material is not the best.

7 Likes

I would say an indoor garden trumps any outdoor garden. Way too many variables between the 2. And I’d is much easier to have controll over.

7 Likes

Sunshine/outdoor(summer flowering) makes terpier results ime.

1 Like

A 3 step bud wash improves outdoor material by at least removing a lot of dirt and bugs. Fresh stalks are plunged into alkaline water, then acidic water with peroxide, then clean water as the final step. I did that last year for some smokeable hemp, then over the winter ran across a youtube video of jorge Cervantes doing it to real weed.

2 Likes

Tell that to my indoor and cmh grow.
F
R
O
S
T
Y!

2 Likes

Lemon juice
H202 water
Water
Hang dry

Best I’ve ever seen was greenhouse. No question. The depth and complexity of flavor was far superior to any indoor I’ve ever tasted. But I think it’s easier to grow good indoor than outdoor so outdoor gets a bad rap. People talking about bugs in outdoor is proof, there wasn’t a single bug, not a one in the best that I refer to in this reply, nor in any of the other stuff that came close

How about all the dust, pollen, dirt, bug secretion? I.e: bugs land on your plant to excrete some nasties and fly off. Sure you might not have bugs but you have other stuff that’s worse.
No doubt indoor is cleaner than outdoor greenhouse.
When I was young I smoked all kinds of crap but now in my wise old age I will not smoke outdoor/GH. Just bud wash GH and sealed room indoor and compare the water.
Also indoor I can set my temp from 60f-90f at anytime. Outdoor once temp gets hot you start losing terps. I would guess faster than the plants can reproduce them.
We need a grower who grew clones from same mother(not from seeds)side by side indoor/GH for the best live extraction answer.

1 Like

Everyone (well the majority) always wash off their fruits n veggies before consuming. To wash the environmental fall out off

Hence the need for a three-stage wash of the buds. To again, wash the environmental fall out off.

2 Likes

I think at the end of the day indoor / climate controlled greenhouses offer more control over temperature so you can have a better end product . I think that the best light is the sun and when you have a perfect climate controlled light dep harvested at the end of september ( ideal light spectrum from the sun ) it makes the best product even a regular dep will do almost as good. Indoor is just the easiest way to have the most controlled perfect environment . Check out on youtube some of the climate controlled greenhouse w/ lighting in colorado they are within 3-5% fluctuation of temperature and humidity its amazing . I just think that no grow light will ever be as powerful as the sun so when you put the 2 together you get the best of both worlds imo you don’t even need the grow lights with a well planned harvest depending on location.

3 Likes