Grams per watt and grow time

meme-troll

200 (6)

E7A425D4-281B-493C-8A59-8A47D1455F94

elissa-slater-spit-take

This :arrow_up:.

@44northorganicfarms, even though I’m sure you’re trolling for LULZ, your thread may help people who aren’t:

Grams per watt is nearly meaningless, and so is pounds per light. You should use grams per square foot (or sq. meter if you like) per kilowatt hour as your efficacy metric. Then, calculate your COGS (including $/kWh*total kWh for all grow equipment over the cycle) and divide by grams to find your cost to produce a gram; shoot for <$0.75/gram.

In terms of yield alone, if you achieve 80 g/sf you’re doing exceptionally well; if you exceed 100 g/sf, you’re killing it.

15 Likes

I specifically said 180$ per lb, cost.
Thats everything included as it’s cost, it cost them 180$ to grow and process and test 1lb
So to produce 1lb it costs 180$

Honestly I think cost per lb is > g per sqft

7 Likes

I can recall 2005, if one was doing 2.2lbs per 1000w,that was considered ungodly then. Times hav~ really changed

4 Likes

Especially when you witness 4lbs per 1000 hps not led

3 Likes

When we used to record our stats in 2005-07, how best over 16 1000w lights was 2.2lbs per light. That was ungodly then. We had ceiling height limits also then.

1 Like

Not adding trim to the total as usable weight either, straight grade a bud weight, I saw 1.3g/sqft on a strain from that room.

2 Likes

Yeah I hear 4-5lbs per 1000w light non led is about the top amount possible.

2 Likes

5 would be single strain #s all day, running multiple strains per 30 light room it’s less likely unless you got several high yield strains that are compatible
Led it’s cake if you got a way to change spectrum.

40 cents per gram to produce trimmed and cured THC buds? That’s indoor? Fuck me that’s some race to the bottom we got going on.

3 Likes

I’m dead serious, they crunched the numbers last week.

2 Likes

this was one of the first few rounds,
Veg time is 17 days.

14 Likes

So do you guys machine trim that or hand trim it all?

1 Like

Yeah in 2008 we ran some runs on leds of the times. They worked better in veg for us then. I hear now leds have what it takes to really produce large yields. Few friends still say they think the non led flower has a better taste. I’m kinda old now and just listen here and there. It’s not what it used to be, for me anymore.

3 Likes

My day we only ever hand trimmed. That’s what gave the flower its value 15 yrs back. I’m assuming that Pic had to be machine though.

2 Likes

We machine trim, dry with a centurion pro, can process 100lbs in 8 hours with 6 people.
We all have a passion for the industry, but we work hard because we all had other jobs that weren’t so lax…

2 Likes

???
:man_facepalming: :roll_eyes:

I’m going to use the most advanced, driverless LED technology available today, providing 2,172 ePPFD at 6" from the canopy. It has the best spectrum I’ve ever seen and a 2.98 ePPE (400-750 nm µmol/J). And it’s a 1200W 4’x4’ dual DE luminaire.

I know you’re trolling, but I don’t want people who don’t know better to believe your BS.

2 Likes

I have an impossibly difficult time tossing my beautiful cared for flowers into a machine.

That said automation is the way of the future, I’m looking at the mobius trimmer down the road.

3 Likes

We have tested that theory back to back, and if I don’t tell someone it was machine trimmed, they don’t guess that it is… even well experienced growers can’t tell.

It honestly tests the same so that tiny amount us who actually grew it notice, the consumer nor the testing lab shows any difference

Notice how alot of companies make what started as the triminator mini
Centurion did a 1 up and added speed controller and it’s a game changer

1 Like

Yeah it’s something deeply ingrained in me that’s hard to get past but I really don’t need a full time trim team either. Low overhead is the key here.

2 Likes

Trimming is probably 75% of why our cost is so low.
When we switched to the triminator, we quit requiring employees beyond our regular full timers, before it got to the level its at, now packaging is the bottleneck in my opinion

2 Likes