GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES LETS BURN DOWN ALL THESE TESTING LABS šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„ a real D8 Discussion

Is the lab ISO/IEC 17025 certified?

Many states require that for labs to provide a COA.

If they are, ask for the paper trail, and take it up with whoever provides their ISO/IEC 17025 certification.

I donā€™t think people understand how BS ISO 17025 is. It is not difficult to get if you have the money to pay a company to come and issue it. The arenā€™t going to go beyond routine audits. I would be surprised if they responded to a lab customer questioning a lab they accredited with more than a generic response.

1 Like

It not just being certified. Are they following it?

There is a ISO 17025 complaint procedure.

1 Like

@Akoyeh my coas are the closest thing anyone has come close to posting pure d8 and i even believe thereā€™s a possibility its wrongā€¦ ive seen other people post 99% d8 just like mine but when ask for graph they refuse to show because they know the shoulder is thereā€¦ i can provide graphs that were from a year ago on this matterā€¦ i have multiple tests done a dayā€¦ if your doing conversions and donā€™t have immediate access to your graphs get the fuck out the game, you clearly donā€™t care to do this right

3 Likes

Labs that are ISO 17025 accredited can only quantify and report isomers that have certified reference materials available. There are several impurities/isomers that do not have a certified reference material available. d10 is a perfect example of this.

Iā€™d imagine in-house analytics is incredibly helpful before sending to third party labs. I see 2-3 others doing 95-99%. I canā€™t read the graph so I havenā€™t asked for it, but Iā€™m sure they wouldnā€™t mind. I will ask.

Depends on the capabilities and experience of the in-house lab. Separating D8 and D9 isnā€™t something most in-house labs can do since theyā€™re usually running a very basic method on an HPLC.

1 Like

Maybe if you actually read my post you would have seen that I am not currently doing conversions, so settle down and take the chip off your shoulder. Sorry that in the whole 11 days you have been a member here that you have not figured out the kind of person and extractor I am. Maybe get off your high horse youā€™d realize other people can do good work too. You have no idea who trained me and what my background is.

Like I said, as soon as I am back in a lab and running conversions, I am happy to post the chromatogram.

3 Likes

@Akoyeh it wasnā€™t a direct attack the last part was at everyone claiming to do conversions but canā€™t provide a simple graph to represent their work. Seeing as you have referred to doc being one of the people who has trained you im sure you got plenty of skillsā€¦ just because ive had an account here 11 days doesnt mean im not well known in this industry

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying. It felt very much to be directed at me. Also, the 11 day comment was a just a jab to fire back. Sorry about that. I know there are some very talented lurkers that have been around for years, and who knows, you may have been trained to do conversions by the same one who taught me. I try not to make assumptions, but like everyone elseā€¦ I too am guilty.

3 Likes

@Akoyeh sadly Iā€™ve had to teach myself everything, so lots of failures. Lots of good conversations with others definitely have helped point in the right direction, but sometimes it all comes down to throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks! I have a feeling I know who you are talking about and can assure he hasnā€™t taught me anything worth knowing

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦

These standardā€™s arenā€™t fucking expensive. Likeā€¦ $100 up to maybe $400 for something rare.

Even with a pretty big range of cannabanoids (12+?), Itā€™s really a SUPER insignificant cost for an analytical lab to be on top of these things. Thatā€™s likeā€¦ $4k on the high end for all of your teks to be able to do their job.

Thereā€™s legit no excuse to not have these standards.

4 Likes

Even if they can identify the rare ones they canā€™t report them if they are ISO 17025 accredited because there are no certified reference materials. Analytical standards are not the same as certified reference materials.

4 Likes

True, but they can also say we canā€™t tell you officially what these peaks are. But this is a likely candidate for your education.

But honestlyā€¦ If youā€™re isomerizing you should have analytics in house, theyā€™re cheap enough. I honestly wouldnā€™t bother attempting it without. I canā€™t imagine trying to dial in your process both at small and large scale without constantly testing the variables at play (with time, temperature etc.). An SOP is often designed for a very specific set of parameters, scaling in any way shape or form needs constant data.

The labs need to have the standards to identify the peaks. We see peaks that we cannot identify, but we also do not report them.

@bigbone The ISO 17025 accreditation is applied to specific methods, so a lab can report results and not claim them to be under the accreditation. It depends on the scope of accreditation. Of course, the lab needs to report them separately from those tests performed under accreditation.

1 Like

iā€™ve had several coaā€™s of distillate test positive for thca . i hear anresco is good, havnā€™t personally used them. is nuclear backscatter an option here?

Wow man youā€™ve got to be idiot of the year go take some vitamin D dude

And you donā€™t know what the fuck youā€™re talking about. Doing blood work and double blind placebo studies has nothing to do with accreditation.

And if you are in the CBD business how the fuck do you not have your own internal analytics capability? At the very least an HPLC. Then maybe you wouldnā€™t be bitching and whining so much. Oh the way you probably would still complain because you donā€™t quite have the lobes to run one of the damn things.

You see in more legitimate established industries that actually follow good manufacturing practices manufacturers are required to have an independent quality department that performs various tests on products at different stages of production against some established specifications.

How cannabis companies can lack this but claim to be GMP I donā€™t understand. But to truly be GMP you have to be doing your own analytics. you need to have an independent quality control part of the business that is separate from manufacturing . And you need to validate your test methods you need to demonstrate with data that your methods can do with their purported to do . And you need to document everything .

If thatā€™s too much for you to handle or even grasp this probably isnā€™t the right business for you man. This whole industry is moving towards good manufacturing practices and a lot of people are going to get left behind.

And just how would you know that internal testing in the pharma world is widely biased?? You have never worked for a pharmaceutical company in your whole life so donā€™t come on here and try to make yourself out to be this great expert you need to calm down son. The FDA can walk into any pharmaceutical company at any time for no reason at all and do an audit. The CFRs require that manufacturing and quality be separate and that quality releases product at each stage.

The kind of bias that youā€™re talking about would ruin company because the FDA would issue a 483 so quick investors will be dumping shares in the company would lose millions of dollars itā€™s just not worth it.

Honestly man you really need to consider getting into another line of work because itā€™s only gonna get harder from here on out.

2 Likes

Some of that cheerio piss splashed into my bowlšŸ„ŗ

3 Likes

dead wrong!

@Akoyeh is not making D8. heā€™s been working his arse off for years to provide safe, clean, effective meds. see: https://www.tjsgardens.com/oregon-forrest-initiative

Iā€™ve generated chromatograms on at least one of the samples he is referring to. it looks clean. (unlike most of the other stuff Iā€™ve looked at). neither the material in question, nor the GC used are ā€œmineā€ either.

having caught up on the thread, I see you two have sorted this out.

still canā€™t let ā€œyou clearly donā€™t careā€ standā€¦

4 Likes