Got some isolate recently. Noticed it has little chunks (off-white/light yellow) in them. Should I be concerned?

What is this? Is it normal? Would this be safe to vape?

Off-white/yellow chunks are on the left.

It’s a bit hard to tell from the photo, kind of looks like it just wasn’t washed/separated all that well honestly. Theres a bunch of talk recently about people getting fatty isolate but the fats don’t make it “unsafe” to dab, just an issue if it was sold as high purity isolate. I have no idea if that’s the case here, depending on how much you have you can try the methanol test

1 Like

Sorry for the shitty picture, My phone is an old potato.

Hmm, fatty isolate? This is the first im hearing it, but it would explain a lot. When I rub some of this between my fingers it does have a slight “glide” to it.

Where does one get methanol?

Check out this thread:

Methanol is available online from a ton of different places. We get ours from a chemical distributor by the drum. It is also available as race car fuel (component of top fuel) if you’re near a drag track. DO NOT USE THE RACING FUEL FOR CONSUMPTION. Just a little disclaimer for future readers that might be looking for methanol for a use other than destructive testing which is what I’d call this.

1 Like

Oh man its.way to expensive for methanol. I think im just gonna have it tested and see if the coa that the guy gave me matches

It lools like it is crystalalyzing on the side. Would this indicate it is oil with 80%+ purity?