God damn it - move! Uhh

my beer sucks, as in lagunitas so im drunk too. sucks is some great beer and its so good they can name it sucks and still sell out.

1 Like

I got lucky and picked up a batch of primo.

are you in hawaii

no you arent, but thats hawaii beer

im always a late nighter so i get into convose with people on the wrong end of the sun.

Nah primo buds. So much white you can’t see the leaves. Put it in my blast tube, packed it tight… but the butane came out quickly it wasnt packed tight enough it didnt get to marinate…

Im buying a closed column

youll see its worth it if you are doing it do it right. In life not bho. Im still learning about packing, the claims i see, I cant fit nearly as much in a tube.

Fuckn over it man. If I dont get at least 3.5g winterized out of this im gonna scream

winterized means run it, then put it in ethanol freeze it a long time and filter the fats and then get rid of all the solvent. That will take days at least. It really will sux if you dont get a few grams for all teh time and effort.

… I know what winterizing is. I am saying if i dont get 3.5grams after winterizing and purging im gonna scream.

1 Like

thats what im saying aus needs to legalize it

USA will legalize it in 4 years
neither cantidate wants it ederally legal because the parties are getting rich from all sides until we can grow in our backyard and sell to each other. On the other hand- I see monsanto hemp/cannabis and then releasing a borg bug that nothing can survive without the borg spray

1 Like

LOL another new thread? Don’t take this personal but if every member started a new thread for stuff like this and other threads the OP started this site would be useless.

2 Likes

how dry were your buds? for open blasting, i find getting the buds as dry as possible helps a lot. I would set my buds on a dehydrator for 24 hours before packing my tubes. Dont let the buds sit around after the dehydrator, go straight from the dehydrator to the tube. You dont need high temps, i set mine as low as possible, blows maybe 120-130’f.

After 24 hours the buds are so dry they crumble and turn to powder if you squeeze them. I would toss in a few solid buds, then grab my ram rod, and apply steady even pressure. You dont want to slam the ram rod, that creates uneven pressure spots and can cause clogging. Because the flower is so dry, when you press it with the rod, it immediately turns to powder and turns into ground material, which is a good consistency. Remove as many stems as you possible can, you want the tube to be packed solid, no empty space. Think of it like an espresso machine, you want the herb to be so finely packed that it acts as a filter media and slows down the butane as you blast. That way the butane slowly filters through, saturating the material, depending on tube size it will take several minutes to empty cans. I have a tube that hold about 2-2.5oz, ill dump an entire 420ml can into the tube before any solvent makes its way through the tube. Ill run 4 or 5 cans through the tube, empty and repack, run another 2 cans.

If the buds are too moist and sticky, you’ll get an uneven pack, the butane will works it way through the path of least resistance and wont fully saturate the materials.

Some people don’t like open blasting. But my $40 dollars in tubes have lasted me 10 years, and hundreds of run’s. If you have a safe place to do it, I (personally) don’t have an issue with it. I cranked out nothing but shatter. That said, I haven’t actually made oil in a year or so lol

Sorry I’ll calm down on the threads - it was mainly to show what I made and what it was filled in.

That’s what I did wrong. I slammed the pressure in so the top must have been packed but below wasn’t. Because it’s an open blaster I want the solvent to sit in there for as long as possible. This is why I am going to upgrade to a closed column.

The buds were at decent levels I believe they were stored in 62% humidity environment. So no, not dry or crumbly.

yeah, nugs that moist don’t blast well. the moisture acts as a barrier and doesn’t allow the butane to really saturate the material. shouldn’t be an issue if you get a closed chamber and allow it to sit, but I’ve never run a closed chamber, so I cant really say.

1 Like

I will keep that in mind for my next blast. I have run more than my fair share and have gone through lengths and yet the most basic things I’ve been overlooking :confused: thanks for that!!

I highly suggest trying the new Ispire duo carts. My carts do not move at room temp and I have used the all glass carts and all ceramic carts from a popular seller here and none compare to the duo carts.

2 Likes

Oh I know of those - got no shortage of recommendations in the other thread. Like I said this was mainly to show the fruits of ones labor and also to show the newly arrived gCell cart’s I had purchased.

Perhaps I should have worded it as such but I guess I get a little chatty. Having said that; more than happy to try new carts. I have to try the iCell next and if I can get my hands on small personal quantities of Ispire carts I shall do just that :slight_smile:

1 Like