Gluebert: breeding, strain registration with a funny anecdote, backcrossing

gluebert: a dedication to Qbert… not the video game… hah

I started breeding in 2016 with this strain and many others. (GENETIC Backstory: Sour Banana Sherbert x Royal Glue (Aficionados Royal Kush x Guerilla Glue4:bred by Nate Chevalier, full moon farms, Garberville, CA…). I’m not adhering to the proper nomenclature system for the simple reason that the name is to honor in reverance, always, Qbert… only one of the greatest turntablist’s. pretty much ever. ) I bred the original gluebert in Junction City, CA 2016)

can anybody help me by providing me with any and all information relative to registering the cannabis strains that I have bred myself here in Humboldt County, CA. I had thought about it previously, but it wasnt until one of the proudest moments in my days. A friend of a friend was here visiting from Ohio… she was examining a container of Monster Cookies flowers, immediately she remarks… this smells like the gluebert, but not as strong. My brain was like what… did she just reference one of my own strains?
… I asked her what she said… she repeated gluebert… its huge in michigan right now, I think its from petrolia or something…
I laughed aloud with a smile from ear to ear…and she looked puzzled. I let her in on the secret that I actually bred the strain… and in trinity county. She was blown away… it was awesome. I knew how it was getting big in Michigan.
A close friend moved from here to there. He said he would take 20-30 seeds total. I gave him 200 between 4-5 of my strains. I called him immediately… and asked him about things… he said they have been crushing it with the gluebert.

if anyone has any info they can pass on… i’m currently backcrossing the gluebert and I hope that one day it is sold in dispensaries around the world. or at least seeds of it. SO yeah if you could guide me in my pursuit for registering my strains that would be greatly appreciated.

7 Likes

Got any beans for testing? Dunno how to register, however I’d be willing to run some of her beans here on the east coast @forbinsdog

3 Likes

X2

Count me in. I always have room.

3 Likes

X3 for popping some beans :grin:

2 Likes

The Original Glue guys killed it by protecting their IP.

The first step is genetic testing. I use:

The next step is contacting an intellectual property lawyer.

If you want to donate some beans, I would love to run them!

2 Likes

JW (josey wales) didnt ip protect gg4. Actually gorilla glue brand sued to have it renamed original glue due to name infringement. I “had” the OG gg4 since 2012-2013. Then lost it a few yrs back.

Edit

@square_root_pharms
Your my only hope
(Said in my best princess leah voice)
Lol

6 Likes

Me too @square_root_pharms!! Let’s hang??

3 Likes

I got the original gorilla glue for both of you guys as soon as I get back from the field I’ll be able to get you all some cuts. Sorry it’s taking so long I’ve been really bowed up on the construction of this LNG plant in Pennsylvania right now.

8 Likes

You da man bud. Good luck with work. Have you been there since we spoke last or have you been back n forth?!

Can you elaborate on that? Are you talking about state law?

Sorry, I meant trademarking their genetics, not the Gorilla Glue lawsuit.

The trademark would be for a brand name or logo. Trademark protection comes from using a mark, but that protection is only regional. Trademarks can also be registered. They probably registered with the state. I don’t think the feds recognize weed trademarks yet.

3 Likes

Just like girl scout cookies. The girl scouts sent a cease and deceast order to stop using their name on weed products.

Also, the only firm that has any trademarks or iP protection is GMO. BUT only a tissue culture can verify GMO traits.

2 Likes

I have the og gg4 cut

6 Likes

Pretty sure as long as it is federally illegal you cant protect it…

You down the street from me in hayfork.

1 Like

thanks for the info everybody!! and yes… ill hook everyone up with beans from the backcross… I’m holding onto the F!'s that I have remaining… i think its about 50. In 3 months though, well 4 really… i should have thousands of the F2’s. I’ll pledge to distribute samples to the first 11 who make the requests… So lone stiller, demontrich, rockymtn24 are the first 3. Ya know, my homie Chuck tried convincing me over a decade ago to start trademarking, or pattening, or whatever to lockdown genetics… i was like you crazy… i imagined it could happen… i just was young and immature and couldnt possibly conceive someone being able to own a DNA sequence. You live and learn… uncle Chuck is wicked smart

8 Likes

i was down the street from ya… im back in humboldt… titlow hill!!

2 Likes

I bought the octogynecologist (both instrumental and studio albums) probably three or four times each in my younger life. It was part of my lifes soundtrack.

Blue flowers

2 Likes

Trinity & Humboldt resident down to do some beans . Count me in, please!

1 Like