GLG certification

The plan is to offer a cert for all levels of the process, including the very base level employee or prospective employee. The test allows those prospective employees to prove they were willing to read, comprehend, and regurg the most introductory jargon. It then puts them on a public list for any prospective employer to see and think “this candidate was willing to invest in their own education to be a better employee”. As we roll out more advanced educational material this will become more and more relevant. This will include full open access to any whole lab, or individual process, certifications. Allowing individuals to become well versed in the nitty gritty details, and advertising themselves as being qualified in such things.

5 Likes

The site will also be listing certified labs for employees and consumers to look up and validate their decisions to spend their time/money with said lab

5 Likes

The education aspect for this application (employer/employee) makes a lot of sense and is valuable on its own. This is used in several other industries such as computer science to validate competency in certain languages.

2 Likes

A suggestion for company product certification.

Standardize posting full suite testing accessible to consumers online for every product.

If I cannot lookup or scan a QR code and see testing results for HM, potency, RS, pest, and micro/myco then I do not want to hear about how your lab “triple tests”.

This is easily auditable as well which is nice.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Should be absolute minimum requirement for a GLGc lab to always have available full panel for any products they are selling. State requirements be damned.

6 Likes

Why hire people with an education from an accredited university then?

Still in setup mode but I’m setting up a studio for filming promotional materials and educational content in PDX- will be up and running in about a week.

Seems like it might be right up your alley @Future

Anyone with a product they would like to demonstrate or a class they want to teach, HMU- @sidco I’d love to link up again and talk about getting a site up for hosting video content

11 Likes

Damn, virtual badges for my good grades, I’m sold

6 Likes

How is CRC any different from the processes used in vegetable oil refining…?

2 Likes

I do not think a GLG certificate would be replacing educated chemists but could provide a great alternative when hiring. Expanding a qualified applicant pool is helpful. I certainty would feel more confident having an applicant who I know has done their research and has some baseline knowledge of what I am asking them to do.

Is an individual really experienced in extraction, manufacturing, and product safety when they graduate? Many of us have learned that from being in the industry itself.

Edit: I may have misinterpreted your question.

4 Likes

Have a link to the GMP allowaces for residual silica adsorbents in a product intended to be smoked?

1 Like

I see how this can be ethically questionable due to bias. However, I think its a cool idea that provides some merit to good operators. The bigger issue is what makes the consumer care?

As an educator, and operator in the legal market, I think any opportunity we can create to reward a good operator is needed. There are so many poor operators out there (whether its because they are under-educated or have too much pride to ask is unknown) that its hard to really know if products are safe. CRC has been a great example of this. I’ve had students at Oaksterdam vehemently tell me that CRC is dangerous and should be avoided.

My main question is why do people care about the GLGc? 99.9% of consumers don’t know what the GLG is, let alone future4200, so why would they care? How do we get them to care? Sure everybody here will know, but that doesn’t translate to anything because odds are we are not consuming each others products.

I’m going to buy in and support GLGc because this community has helped me grow immensely, but how does it grow to something tangible beyond a sweet sweet digital badge.

4 Likes

How does any certification program take root?

We are working closely with multiple large trusted cannabis processors in multiple states to roll out the certification process with their products as a beta version of the process.

Nobody knew what the Tilth certification was either until they started seeing their favorite brands advertising it as something valuable to the consumers.

8 Likes

A certified lab will have the ability to put the GLGc stamp on their products. A consumer, upon seeing said badge, will have the ability to go to the GLGc website to see what that means and why they should care

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

No, but the same processes they used to remove solid particles from the oil like spent bleaching earth, filtering aids, and carbon supported catalyst would be sufficient to remove silica or any other adsorptive media.

Also what stops china from selling the zaza packaging with a GLGc stamp on there? Will there be a registry for the badge owners or something?

3 Likes

Thats great news and a fantastic way to launch the program itself. I think this is all a great idea.

That being said if I put myself in the shoes of an average joe I don’t know why I’d care. Its “safer”, but all the products are being tested, right? (Just hypothetical argument).

It’s important to know that the organic cert, and equivalent, allows companies to sell products for a higher price. Same logic should apply to the GLGc, but in my experience most GLG guys are making top shelf product and its hard to swallow the prices as is.

I’m just playing devils advocate.

Ya there will be a website registry to prevent exactly that.

Guess it gives the recipients of the badge a good reason to have custom decals made for their packaging.

Which by itself could be pretty good for business.

1 Like