Getting the girls cleaned up for some activities.. 2x SRI 8610Cs that is

Home office now has two 8610Cs each with an FID and ECD. Probably going to set one up like the 310 and not really sure on the other yet open to suggestions on both.

Probably buy atleast one Cobra auto injector for sure as I’m lazy and coming back at regular injection intervals is laughable with my schedule and ADHD.

I always was a sucker for a couple of redheads…

16 Likes

glad im not the only crazy to have a gc in their home office! glad you joined the club!

8 Likes

My ole lady asked if it was normal and I said “I do know a guy that has one next to his desk so yes”

is this not what they meant by “homelab” lol

10 Likes

I’m jelly, but friggan neato.

Would love to learn more of the analytical side.

3 Likes

bitches love analytics…

Then call me Mr. Bitches.

2 Likes

Oooooooo okay, I’ll stahp my shenanigans.

1 Like

Haha I didn’t mean you but I can see how that could be taken that way. So this will clarify.

Come stop by the crib when I get them going/ you’re up this way.

3 Likes

Oh so down.

3 Likes

@cyclopath you have any experience with a FID-MS setup on the 8610C? Probably selling both ECDs and buying another FID for one and hopefully a mass spec to run a FID/MS split in the other.

Thoughts?

6 Likes

No, I’ve not gotten to play that trick yet.

1 Like

Did anyone actually have a running GC in their home before me? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

@tokesandtinkery

OG homlab

Lol mine are heading up to the shop once I get them all juiced up… but I’m in the homelab crew until then.

3 Likes

Mine are always in the shop

Seriously, I still need to finish redoing the plumbing after the carbon filter blew/leaked and contaminated all my lines…

2 Likes

Also can only find one poorly documented article of MS on the 8610 and I can’t even find that MS unit… should be fun.

4 Likes

Can you link the article? Definitely interested in doing the same.

2 Likes

Fantastic!!

1 Like

I ran one out in my garage for a week or two once upon a time (2013 or so). I think we had space rented by week three…

3 Likes

This is all I was able to find last night

2 Likes

Seems like it’s compatible with my 310 too. Interesting find

1 Like