Getting rid of bubbles in live rosin carts

How u gonna mag stir/hot plate 2-5kg of oil at a time brah?

Do you have any empirical, repeatable, scientific evidence that pulling a vac vs a mag stir/hot plate retains significantly more terps than the other? If so, where is it? All I’ve seen is conjecture and a hurt butt.

Or are you just dismissing the laws of physics because they don’t agree with your rosin boi inferiority complex?

5 Likes

I just sped through this thread quickly so forgive me if I overlooked someone else pointing this out but it is my understanding that positive pressure raises boiling points and negative pressure lowers boiling points. This is why BHO labs use vac ovens and low temps to remove solvent while attempting to retain as many terps as possible. This is also why they distill under vacuum, or negative pressure. It is to exhaust target gas fractions at the lowest temp possible.

I did a quick google search to confirm my understanding and found this tidbit from Wiki:
The boiling point increases with increased pressure up to the critical point , where the gas and liquid properties become identical. The boiling point cannot be increased beyond the critical point. Likewise, the boiling point decreases with decreasing pressure until the triple point is reached.

Facts , and a lot of people are melting middle of the road rosin. Proper full melt works much better.

Kinda common sense if you ask me, no offense. Theirs a reason people bring their rosin back down to room temp before they open the lid. There’s a layer of terps that could be off gassed in this process if you don’t.

1 Like

None taken, but If one is to make the claim that a particular method of removing entrained CO2 preserves more terps than another method, they need to come to the table with some evidence to support it. I bet dollars to donuts very few of us know the actual boiling points of any of these terpenes we’re desperate to preserve, or how difficult it is to accidentally lose them through normal handling and purging practices.

4 Likes

…and most don’t grok that it is the vapor pressure not boiling point that is the relevant metric

Yep. Something along the lines of In house Headspace residual solvents. SRI-GC FID

Understanding what does and does not effect the composition of volatiles in your extract requires measuring them…

5 Likes

iv filled thousands of rosin carts using the exact same tech i use for bho resin with not a bubble in sight. so id say my perspective is not off

2 Likes

Bunch of BHOtards in this feed lol. A heated sealed jar vs a heated jar with vacuum pulled. Postive pressure descreased boiling points which is what you are looking for. Evidence? One is a closed lid with no where for terps to go that will have a slight increase in pressue during the closed lid removal of bubbles from solution, other is literall pulling gasses and any terps you are offgassing by lowering boiling points with vacuum. This is basic understanding, basic physics and you not understand that isnt my problem along with just do this is compare the end product. Have fun showing tables of solvent based extraction in a talk about solventless.

They make plenty of stirrers for larger setups and who is making 20k of the same flavor of solventless carts🤣 man BHO nerds just love to argue since their products became worthless

What do we have to give you to make you and your teenage girl emojis to fuck off for another year

1 Like

Stop trying to turn solventless into trash by using solvent based methodology. Sure pulling vac on 5+kg open jars will be fastest way to get rid of bubbles but also the worst for terp preservation. The reason BHO sucks is cause yall focused on the science and completely disregarded the quality. Everything is about making diamonds and extreme amounts of post processing but the best was almost badder that was from fire starting material with minimal post processing and not going too far to get butane PPM or PPB as low as possible, but actually focusing on terp preservation. The exact same nonsense is being pushed in this thread by solvent based extractors. Over process it and turn it into mids and wreck the price like you did with your own products? No thank you, not the goal for live rosin. High quality is the goal, not cool science that produces mids but maybe allows you to offgas extremely large amounts of decarbed rosin at the same time. Use multiple larger jars and stirrers or a fuge if you running big weight, dont turn it into mids and vac it

Say what?!?

Positive pressure does NOT decrease boiling points dear heart.

Feel free to call me a BHOtard all you like, CO2 dissolved in hash during decarb is still the same problem…and responds to the same approaches in a similar fashion.

Until you have analytics that say otherwise, you’ve got nothing other than religion.

If you want to decarb in a mason jar, it can be done in a jar without entraining CO2. Not sure it doesn’t loose terps, but I’m curious enough that I’ll figure that out.

Unfortunately the links are in one of those “theory” threads somewhere…

6 Likes

False

I am standing at the gate, all you must do is knock, my child

3 Likes

If you want to make hash at scale, you better figure out how to extract and process at least a couple kilos at a time or you won’t last, bub.

I have absolutely nothing against rosin. After all, it’s all cannabinoids and terps at the end of the day. There is nothing special about it AT ALL.

The problem I do have, though, is with rosin bois like you who feel the need to run down all the other hash in order to pretend that rosin is some how better. It’s not. It’s just another way to skin a cat. For some of y’all, rosin is some sort of mystical religion, shrouded in legend and obscure techniques. Like a lot of religion, it makes you blind to science and you get way too emotionally invested. There is ample evidence of that throughout this thread.

6 Likes

Blasphemy

3 Likes

Thou shalt not expose thine rosin to a vacuum, lest ye be unclean

4 Likes

The etire market disagrees with you which is why BHO is worthless these days and rosin still pulls a premium price

I told you simple ways lol, like they only make one sized mag stirrer🤣 keep trying to be as fast as possible rather than as best as you can on quality. Worked great for the solvent market…

Just worded wrong. Postive pressure, with no where for terps to go, good. Negative pressure with open lid bad. Negative pressure lowers boiling points which is how we dry our hash at 15 degrees.

Just saw this on instagram. Pretty cool innovation. I imagine its not too difficult to create yourself. This should fix the bubbles.

You might be surpised by what us BHOtards can do :slight_smile:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C38Twfxx5uY/?igsh=YWtjZjlpa21ubWNh

1 Like